YO GEORGIANS! :)

Oh nice. Lavender Orpingtons are a beauty.

I have some Australorps, Red Sex Links, White Leghorn and Olive Eggers. I also have some Easter Egger pullets, but I think it’s 4 instead of the 5 I had original thought.

I had wanted more variety before this craziness happened, but now I feel like I may have to wait, not sure yet. But I wanted some Naked Necks, Delawares and Buff Orpingtons. I also wanted some Black Jersey Giants because I thought my Australorps were BJG but two years after getting them I confirmed that wasn’t the case. But what can you expect from TSC 😂
Ya when we went to get our SS the lady started grabbing out of the wrong bin, I politely said ma’am wrong ones she stopped and said do you want these or not, I’m not going to keep touching these nasty things unless you want them. So I laughed and said yes but I want the correct birds your grabbing the wrong breed. She points to the sign and says you said the speckled ones this sign is over this tote, I said ok well I want 4 out of this tote and pointed to the SS. Then she got real mad when me and my daughter had been watching them and pointed out a certain chick.

I'm finishing out the hatches that I currently have set in my incubators and then I don't plan on filling them again until this mess passes. As sad as that is...

Well, other than the fact that I may be trading some of these chicks I'm hatching now for some peacock eggs, lol...so not completely screeching to a halt but it sure feels like it when you want to fill 4 incubators with eggs. lol

Oh wow you not filling your incubators is saying something! But I completely understand. I may keep hatching but small batches at a time and mostly because I’ll be hatching birds for meat although they won’t actually be “meat” birds just regular breeds.

Ya when we went to get our SS the lady started grabbing out of the wrong bin, I politely said ma’am wrong ones she stopped and said do you want these or not, I’m not going to keep touching these nasty things unless you want them. So I laughed and said yes but I want the correct birds your grabbing the wrong breed. She points to the sign and says you said the speckled ones this sign is over this tote, I said ok well I want 4 out of this tote and pointed to the SS. Then she got real mad when me and my daughter had been watching them and pointed out a certain chick.

Wow so that’s how people get chicks that are the wrong breed. Yeah when we got ours we were newbies but they actually had the wrong sign up. Or maybe the hatchery mislabeled it for them because the sign said BJG but that’s also the same hatchery that labels Easter Eggers as Ameracaunas.

Super excited...I was on a waitlist for Rhode Island Red chicks from Turner’s Feed in Douglasville and they called this morning to say I will get six that I requested!! Picking up on April 16th.

Now for building a brooder box and getting all the supplies.

We have the supplies to build the coop so now the clock will be ticking!

Super excited...I was on a waitlist for Rhode Island Red chicks from Turner’s Feed in Douglasville and they called this morning to say I will get six that I requested!! Picking up on April 16th.

Now for building a brooder box and getting all the supplies.

We have the supplies to build the coop so now the clock will be ticking!
Ahhh now I’m jealous!! I so wanted more RIRs

Oh wow you not filling your incubators is saying something! But I completely understand. I may keep hatching but small batches at a time and mostly because I’ll be hatching birds for meat although they won’t actually be “meat” birds just regular breeds.

I know right, that's apocalypse level stuff when I stop filling my incubators, LOL! Chances are I'll still find myself slipping a few irresistible eggs in there every so often. :lau

My hubby just said the quarantine got extended til end of May. So maybe I will be getting some guineafowl eggs shipped to me.. since I don’t doubt it will get extended til August since Georgia schools are closed til then anyway.

Back
Top Bottom