YO GEORGIANS! :)

Anybody on BYC live in Georgia?
I'm gonna make a list of Georgians below! Let's get the LONGEST list possible! Each name counts one point, and mods or staff are worth 5 points!

Georgians' names collected so far:
1. SeramaSweetie
2. Pumpkinpup
3. porteryork
4. rooster-red
5. jonbanks
6. Chix-in-GA
7. mazdacrzy
8. Missouri chick
9. bantyman
10. 1acrefarm
11. EggCentric
12. poohevans
13. mattmatt's-momma
14. newnanchic
15. soonerdog
16. bargain
17. asa
18. key west chick
19. rays123
20. Granolamom
21. Lupa
22. PunkërTeçhñöRøø§ter
23. AnnMarie12
24. GaDawg
25. 2chickenrich
26. embkm
27. Los Pollitos
29. katrek
30. oegblady
31. spotnapp
32. teresac
33. Lmarie
34. speckledhen (MOD= 5 pts!)
35. dawg53
36. featherfooted
37. Hellvagirl
38. Janel1025

POINTS COLLECTED:
41. Wow!
ya.gif
So Many!
yippiechickie.gif
Athens area. Just added my name as number 38

So I didn’t think having a broody would make all my hens stop laying since it never has happened in the past but lo and behold it did. I have two broodies (out of 14 laying hens) And I am only getting 2 eggs per day if I’m lucky.

I decided to be a meanie and took all the eggs from the broodies and set them in my incubator until they begin laying more.

I’m sure they’ll just end up sitting on the one or two eggs that get laid today, but I will keep pushing them off or I may move both broodies somewhere else.

I really need to make a broody pen. So for now I have 19 eggs in my incubator. And probably close to 100 eggs in my fridge from May and part of June so at least I don’t need eggs.
You may have trouble hatching them as they are probably in all stages of deveopment

You may have trouble hatching them as they are probably in all stages of deveopment

I took them away from her and placed them in an incubator. Out of 19 a total of 5 were quitters. The rest have been hatching nicely and I’ve been giving them to the broody and she has been adopting them 😊

Unfortunately the one that hatched yesterday drowned in the waterer. I have now placed marbles for the future ones. Momma hen had adopted it too. Would sit on it and make sure it was good, so I don’t know how it drowned 😢 I think it accidentally wandered near it following the momma and other chicks, but since it was newly hatched it would trip and not be able to stand up.

Next ones I’ll supervise for the first 2-3 days.

hey y'all!

I know I've not been active for years, but here I am with 3 cockerels hatched the week of April 23rd and I am looking to rehome them if anyone knows anyone looking for some. 2 of the three are mixed,1 BO daddy x White Leghorn mama & 1 BO x Easter Egger mama who I got from @Flowerbh a few years ago. The other is a straight-up BO and is as sweet as can be, he's kind of a lap chicken at the moment. They are all well mannered for now. I can provide pics if anyone wants to see them. I am looking to rehome as soon as possible to good homes. @Flowerbh this cockerel came from the copper-colored EE you sold me a while back and is the grandson of the late Stanley Roosterface. He's quite a pretty bird.

If anyone needs roos, let me know! Thanks, y'all!

Katie

Hello fellow Georgians. I am in Druid Hills, right next to Decatur. Just joined BYC today. 🙂 I have 4 chickens about 12wks old.

Anybody on BYC live in Georgia?
I'm gonna make a list of Georgians below! Let's get the LONGEST list possible! Each name counts one point, and mods or staff are worth 5 points!

Georgians' names collected so far:
1. SeramaSweetie
2. Pumpkinpup
3. porteryork
4. rooster-red
5. jonbanks
6. Chix-in-GA
7. mazdacrzy
8. Missouri chick
9. bantyman
10. 1acrefarm
11. EggCentric