Yoko Ono

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Nupine, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Nupine

Nupine Songster

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    I think this is perhaps my strangest request for help on BYC yet. I'm in 4-H, and this year I'm taking a Living History project. I have to choose someone in history, whether is be a real person or someone from I time period that I made up. I have to learn about them, complete a project book on them, and then in a couple weeks I have to dress similar to them and do an interview, acting if I was them. Many kids opt for characters from the Civil War, but I decided on being Yoko Ono, since I'm a huge Beatles fan...and I'm a girl [​IMG]
    So, I've looked at a bunch of old pictures of her, but I don't have any clothes like that. How should I dress? I'm not from that era, so how should I act? What should my personality we like? Thanks!
    Ashlyn

2. chickensioux

chickensioux Songster

Feb 12, 2009
    Western North Carolina
    [​IMG]

This look would probably be the easiest to do. Black sweater, scarf, beret. Sunglasses optional. Lots to find on the net regarding her look and mannerisms. good luck and have fun.

3. Nupine

Nupine Songster

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Not sure where I will find a beret, but I really like that look! Thanks!

4. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:find a vintage store. If you are near a college sometimes they have used clothes stores that sell older stuff. Goodwill or Salvation Army may have clothing as well. Berets aren't very hard to find.

5. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Wear a black wig, stupid sunglasses and sing badly voile' you are instantly Yoko Ono. [​IMG]

Seriously, check out a vintage clothing store also some research at the library of old magazines. She was feature with her husband quite often. For the beret, check military surplus stores. They usually have black, beige, maroon etc. Good luck with the project.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  6. Nupine

Nupine Songster

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Thanks! Some store in town has a lot of stupid hats, so I'll see if they have a beret or something similar. I have some ''Elton John'' sunglasses, not sure if I have any ''Yoko Ono'' ones [​IMG]

7. scbatz33

scbatz33 No Vacancy, Belfry Full

Jan 23, 2009
    South GA
    Quote:close enough! Although, I have seen plenty of people wearing those stupid oversized "bug" glasses. They would work

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: