Yolk Sac Out

NewChickLover27

Hatching
Apr 22, 2021
This is our first time with chicks. We have been having issues with our incubator and the chicks keep getting “shrink wrapped” and running out of air. This one I was able to make a hole by it’s beak for it to breath last night and it hatched this morning. It’s been 7 hours now and the yolk sac has shrunken a little bit, but the chick has not been able to stand and just keeps kicking around on its back. I don’t know what to do. I’ve added warm, wet paper towels to the incubator and have spritzed the egg sac once because it was sticking to the paper towel. Any advice is appreciated. I didn’t know if the cup idea would be good since he’s not very active. There are no other chicks in there/hatching. It is day 24 if that’s relevant.
1619128259435.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know for sure since I’m new to this, but it may be egg waste? From what I’ve read it with dry up and fall off. The white clumpy part I wiped off of my chick with a q tip. Sorry I’m not more of a help. I googled egg waste and this screen shot answer came up. I can’t see well in the photo, but he may have his umbilical cord still in the mix too that will dry up also. Hopefully someone else will respond with what to do!!

Attachments

• 79647AC5-CE3D-491E-B383-F70F000D0F35.jpeg
    79647AC5-CE3D-491E-B383-F70F000D0F35.jpeg
    256.2 KB · Views: 30

Back
Top Bottom