You all have corrupted me

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by momma's chickens, Oct 29, 2008.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    [​IMG] Once upon a time I had five little chickens and I was as happy as a fox in a henhouse. [​IMG]

Now I have seventeen in the coop and 25 baby ordered for tomorrow delivery. But then "we" or I decided the brooder wasn't big enough so off dh went to buy some wood and now I have a 5'4" brooder in my laundry room on top of the counter and stretched across the room to the top of the dryer. I now have to crawl on my hands and knees to get my clothes in and out of the dryer. The brooder has a divider in it so they can all be warm at first and then we can take out the divider and they can spread their wings.

You all should be ashamed! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  2. redhead83402

redhead83402 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2008
    Idaho
    hehehehehe ~ BWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHahahahahah
    ehhhh ~ heh ~ heheh ~ heheheheheheheh ~ [​IMG]
    ~Red

3. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Okay, it wasn't quite that funny, you live in Idaho also you know, some of these chicks may end up at your house. [​IMG]

4. jossanne

jossanne Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2008
    Gila, New Mexico
    This place has corrupted me too. I had 5 pullets, and we built a nice big hen house, planning to get a few more. I ordered 26 from McMurray, but before they arrived I found polish chicks at the feed store that I couldn't resist, so now I have 34 happy chickens out in the henhouse, and it's FULL!

Last week I gave in to desire [​IMG] and ordered 10 bantam blue cochins, cuz I couldn't resist all the blue pictures everyone posts. They arrived in a box with 14 males for warmth, so...

Now I have a big pumpkin box an arm's length away from my computer with 14 one-week-old BR cockerels, and a rubbermaid tub an arm's length away in the other direction with 10 one-week-old bantam cochins.

WHERE IN THE WORLD ARE WE GOING TO PUT EVERYBODY??? My poor hubby, he's busy drawing up plans for more chicken houses. Good thing he loves me so much...

5. mjdtexan

mjdtexan Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2008
    Houston(ish)
    At least I dont feel like the Lone Ranger anymore.

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:We haven't totally corrupted you yet. I'm still working on how to convince you that you NEED a rooster.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    Don't feel bad they corrupted ME too! I only wanted SIX to start. I now have 38! And more in the bator.

8. Sequin

Sequin Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    I think they should put a warning page on this site that states some sort of disclaimer about chickens being addictive and no one on this forum will stop you from ordering more. You might as well build your coop or tractor or what have you to allow for more chickens(more than you can imagine having at the moment) right at the get go.

Even my husband is caught up in the thrill and joy of raising chickens and is allowing us to order more - and he isn't even On this site!!!! [​IMG] He is great, me thinks.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2008
  9. GopherBoyFarms

GopherBoyFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2008
    Vancouver WA
    yep....lets blame it on all of them!!! it's all of your faults.
    We started with our little flock (19) and now DH has built a 2nd brooder, and is working on the second coop, and we are hatching our own chicks plus planning a new order of chicks. Then someone called asking me if I can supply 15 dozen eggs a week to a local market.......well I cant yet, buit maybe by next spring I can!!!!!!!

10. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Ok I am getting nervous.....
    I just planned on 10 laying hens at the most, but the more I read the more I see chickens coming out my ears!!!! [​IMG]

I am still working on converting half my shed to chicken coop, I may have to expand it to the whole shed,,,,,,,,[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by