You all have corrupted me

I was already corrupted before i found this site lol. It all started when we saw a neighbor with chickens in his yard. My hubbys next step was to look online and get a catalog from mcmurrays (bad bad bad idea). He made the decision that we were gonna have chickens, in my mind im thinking ohhh crap more work for me, so i begged him not to get any due to the fact that we both already had a full plate. He tells me one saturday afternoon that the chicks he ordered will be here the following monday!!!! I about lost it until i saw those cute little fuzzy butts. It's been all downhill from there. We will be building a new coop 10 by 12 next spring to accomodate the 40ish chickens. Right now we have a 4 by 6 coop that houses 11 bantams the rest are between the 3 car garage (3rd stall is heated and we haven't been able to put a car in since we moved in over 3 years ago) and the basement office. Oy!!! I'm already making a chick wish list for spring.

My hubby laughed at me when I told him I wanted chickens, but he helped me build the 4 x 8 coop, just to keep me from whining.
big_smile.png
He said, "you sure need another project!"

After we got the current 5, during the warm weather, we started sitting in our lawn chairs in the evenings while we ate supper and watching the chicken show. We both found it very relaxing.

Just this past weekend he suggested that we convert our 12' x 12' outbuilding into a coop and get more chickens! We've only had chickens for a few months and he is already hooked!

That building was supposed to be converted into a hobby room for me, for sewing, etc. I guess the hobby is gonna be chickens!

Back
Top Bottom