You all made a difference!

She is cute. Fern has been great. I do not want to be over confident until the ducklings become 'large and in charge' but it is a relief that Fern is being respectful. The brooder is a pretty nice setup but awfully big for one tiny little girl. It will be good to get her some buddies next week. Everyone please pray for safe passage.

She is cute.  Fern has been great.  I do not want to be over confident until the ducklings become 'large and in charge' but it is a relief that Fern is being respectful.  The brooder is a pretty nice setup but awfully big for one tiny little girl.  It will be good to get her some buddies next week.  Everyone please pray for safe passage.

Will definitely be praying that this time goes smoother.

Originally Posted by Yooperducker View Post

Sisu has her new friends and there are a couple of issues. For those of you who don't know Sisu is the sole survivor of a shipment of five. The following week the new shipment came and all were fine. Now to your sage advice.

1. Sisu is being a jealous beast. Pecking at the young ones. What can I do to get peace to reign supreme? Right now I have her in a small timeout box with some hand warmers and a hand towel over the top.

2. One duckling had a piece of something black stuck to her head. On the ride back from the PO (3 hours) the others must have tried to peck it off cuz her head was red and a bit raw. I removed it with small nail scissors and put neosporin on it. Is there something else I should have done?

Please advise!smile.png

idunno.gif

Here they all are, you can pick Sisu out of the crowd by her size.

I promise to get pics sent out soon. I have some great ones but have to be at a different location to load. Our internet is sluggish at best. All is well!!!
wee.gif
I was so worried after the first introduction. After three days of separation Sisu came around and now a week later she is so motherly towards them. THey all pile on or around her when they sleep and she definitely looks after them. The blukote worked great too. No more pecking injuries.

I promise to get pics sent out soon. I have some great ones but have to be at a different location to load.  Our internet is sluggish at best.  All is well!!!  :weee I was so worried after the first introduction.  After three days of separation Sisu came around and now a week later she is so motherly towards them.  THey all pile on or around her when they sleep and she definitely looks after them.  The blukote worked great too.  No more pecking injuries.

That's wonderful! I'm so glad to hear it!

Back
Top Bottom