Is my Pekin dying?

Jmcintosh23

Chirping
Aug 4, 2023
Circleville Kingston Ohio
I went to get them out of the water to their bed and I saw her swimming in circles and her beak was partially under water. I got her out carefully and she looked like she was so tired of swimming when I got her out she didn't move her feet. Barely flapped her wings but she did try to scoot a little and I propped her on one of their pillows.. I wetted her beak with water and well I had to go inside my husband works third so I had to give him back his flashlight and we'll it went dead anyway so Im going to go back and check on her but she had trouble lifting up her neck and has had a issue with her left foot for a while..just wasn't sure what to do about it..anyway I feel like his is it we've only had her almost a year. It was their first winter. I should have checked on her but I just didn't realize. This just seems sudden... I'm going to go back out and she if she needs more water or food... Could there have been an egg problem? I noticed two of these, an hard shell egg within an egg really soft on the outside. But the second one it wasn't hard at all and it was really strange I wasn't sure who it came from.

I went to get them out of the water to their bed and I saw her swimming in circles and her beak was partially under water. I got her out carefully and she looked like she was so tired of swimming when I got her out she didn't move her feet. Barely flapped her wings but she did try to scoot a little and I propped her on one of their pillows.. I wetted her beak with water and well I had to go inside my husband works third so I had to give him back his flashlight and we'll it went dead anyway so Im going to go back and check on her but she had trouble lifting up her neck and has had a issue with her left foot for a while..just wasn't sure what to do about it..anyway I feel like his is it we've only had her almost a year. It was their first winter. I should have checked on her but I just didn't realize. This just seems sudden... I'm going to go back out and she if she needs more water or food... Could there have been an egg problem? I noticed two of these, an hard shell egg within an egg really soft on the outside. But the second one it wasn't hard at all and it was really strange I wasn't sure who it came from.
I just went back out . She died..idk what happened... Poor thing..

I'm sorry for your loss. A lot of times, animals won't show any signs that something is wrong until it's too late.

I agree that you shouldn't eat her. She may be good to feed to your dog or cat though as they have a different digestive system than humans do.

Back
Top Bottom