Pekin mum

Okay well it is getting close will she let you look at her eggs? My Muscovy will let me pull the eggs out from under them and candle but some ducks aren't too keen on that. Just thinking if she'll let you then you can see when external pipping begins you'll know hatching is starting. When it gets close to hatch day also if she'll let you can put an egg up to your ear and hear peeping that lets you know it has internally pipped and external will be soon after..
I don't think so, my neighbour chased the ducks away yesterday including the mum, so now I can't even get her back here to feed, thats usually when I have a sneak peek, I haven't approached when she's sitting as I didn't want to scare her.

So sad what are you going to do when she hatches ducklings and this neighbor and others that don't like the ducks chase them away? Honestly, you should try to find a farm or someone who has property that would be willing to take them.

So sad what are you going to do when she hatches ducklings and this neighbor and others that don't like the ducks chase them away? Honestly, you should try to find a farm or someone who has property that would be willing to take them.
The more I learn about the ducks the more I can educate the neighbours, I definitely educated that particular neighbour yesterday lol
She has apologised, she was worried about her vege garden, she won't be doing that again. Most like seeing them waddling around, they also like the fresh eggs they are were getting, if it gets too much and people get flappy, I will try to rehome them ( the people not the ducks 🤣)

Hello, any help would be appreciated 😊 long story

A few months ago, someone dumped 2 girls and 1 drake in the caravan park that I live in, they have made themselves at home, people have been feeding them and they have about three acres to forage around in, with a wide river border.

They have been laying for a couple of months and a few people in the camp have been enjoying the free eggs, anyway as the weather has got hotter and they refuse to go swimming, I bought a little pool for them to paddle in, which they are. enjoying.

One of the girls went missing on or about the 7th of december, it took me ages to find her..... yep she is sitting.... problem is, she is sitting on the side of a very busy driveway under a very small hedge, against someone's cabin area, who wants her gone because they say it stinks, also they are about 20 cats in this park so I am worried about mum and eggs/babies, if any hatch.

my question is.... can I move her and nest to a safer place and if so when and how?

She had a lot of eggs 🥚 18 to start now only 8 remaining, lately we are finding broken eggs around, not far from her.

Yesterday, one of the neighbours chased all of the ducks away!!! , mumma duck was going back to her nest after one of her short breaks, it took her ages to come back to her nest, but she did. (She came back smelling terrible)

The other hen is laying ( 10 eggs so far, but in a different location) She is not sitting.
I know nothing about ducks and they are not mine but I am concerned 😕

Could I have some advice on moving them safely please?
maybe try putting her in a cardboard box and letting her set there

Back
Top Bottom