Unsuccessful baby duck

Any news?
They just arrived this morning and they are happy and appear to be healthy they are eating and drinking and we did everything you suggested…. They are much larger than our last duckling if these guys are only a couple days old there must have been some health issues with our last one these guys are twice her size and she was three weeks old …I’m not home so I’ll get better pictures later

Attachments

• IMG_2182.jpeg
    IMG_2182.jpeg
    436.3 KB · Views: 2
They just arrived this morning and they are happy and appear to be healthy they are eating and drinking and we did everything you suggested…. They are much larger than our last duckling if these guys are only a couple days old there must have been some health issues with our last one these guys are twice her size and she was three weeks old …I’m not home so I’ll get better pictures later

Attachments

• IMG_2614.jpeg
    IMG_2614.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
They are adorable. They look about right for Rouen ducklings and just wait till a week has gone by. lol I swear we can stand and watch them grow.
Thank you….they are so big already….i have another question, How do you keep your brooder at 90 degrees? We have them in the warmest room in the house with the heat lamp directly on it and the heat at 70 in the house and the brooder is still only at 79 degrees. Are there warmer bulbs that we can use?

Thank you….they are so big already….i have another question, How do you keep your brooder at 90 degrees? We have them in the warmest room in the house with the heat lamp directly on it and the heat at 70 in the house and the brooder is still only at 79 degrees. Are there warmer bulbs that we can use?
Where do you have the thermometer?
My favorite brooding method, next to a broody hen, is the mama heating pad (MHP).
Be careful not to use Teflon coated bulbs, and make sure they have room in the brooder to get out of direct heat.

With a heat bulb i could never get over 80 degrees in our house.
So i got a Rent a coop heater plate and it stays above 85 at all times. The chicks or ducklings come in and out when needed.

Back
Top Bottom