Unsuccessful baby duck

Pics
How are they acting at 79* I have used both a heat plate and heat lamp and haven't had my heat lamp get over 85-87 and they were fine with that I use a 150 watt red lamp . I have used 250 watts also. Main thing is they are out of drafts and can't get wet.
What size bulb are you using?
What are you using for a brooder? can we see a picture?

How are they acting at 79* I have used both a heat plate and heat lamp and haven't had my heat lamp get over 85-87 and they were fine with that I use a 150 watt red lamp . I have used 250 watts also. Main thing is they are out of drafts and can't get wet.
What size bulb are you using?
What are you using for a brooder? can we see a picture?

Attachments

• IMG_2620.jpeg
    IMG_2620.jpeg
    269.7 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2622.jpeg
    IMG_2622.jpeg
    370.1 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_2623.jpeg
    IMG_2623.jpeg
    578.2 KB · Views: 2
And they aren't laying right under the light either. They look great. What does your daughter think of them? If you wanted to try and get it warmer you could always place a towel over part of the tote not close to the heat lamp that would probably help warm it up. Is that board close to the light those lights get really hot.

And they aren't laying right under the light either. They look great. What does your daughter think of them? If you wanted to try and get it warmer you could always place a towel over part of the tote not close to the heat lamp that would probably help warm it up. Is that board close to the light those lights get really hot.
She loves them…they’re not as friendly and lovable as the last duckling but I told her they have only been here one day they’ll warm up to her…I think the one we had was more human than duck she constantly craved attention….. the light sits on two boards but on the edge of the metal frame not directly under the light

Back
Top Bottom