You guys are a very bad influence (pics!)

Yeah, the mallards seem to have a lot more yellow on their faces. We let them swim in the bathtubs last night, sooo cute! Will I be able to keep these two in the same brooder as the chicks when they arrive or will I need to keep them apart the entire time?

i have mine in the same brooder, HOWEVER...
1.The chicks are big enough to not get squarshed by the giant oafish ducklings
smile.png
There's a huge size diff., and ducks is clumsy.
2. The ducks are SO MESSY IT"S INSANE. They make giant piles of poo. GIANT!
3. The ducks are voracious eaters/drinkers, and I have to keep a careful eye on the food and water.
4. The ducks totally freaked out the chicks when I put them in there at first. They're still eyeballing each other suspiciously.
So if you have the space, i'd seperate them... the ducks need lower temps too, so it may be too warm with the chickadees.

Well my brooder is almost finished, We will have that done this weekend and it's size is 4'x8' with a divider in the middle. I can keep the duckies on one side by themselves for a while if they need it. I only have the two and they are in a box right now. Seem happy but I haven't had a duck since I was 6 so what do I know. I have noticed that they are a wee bit clumsy when they take off, it's soo cute! Thanks so much for the reply!

Back
Top Bottom