You guys are sneaky

You want sneaky?
lau.gif
before you know it the hatch-a-holics will have you building a incubator and hatching your on
gig.gif
gig.gif
gig.gif
thats what happened to me & DH

I realized I was hooked when DBF and I were out driving one day. We both saw a dog house that someone had dumped on the side of the road. We looked at each other, and started to crack up because we had the identical thought.

You know the punchline, because you're all thinking the same thing. Say it with me..

"OOOHHHH... potential coop!"

I was a city girl through and through we bought our farm in 1996. Then bil started talking to the daughters and dh about raising chickens. Took two years but I finally agreed. He came in from CO with 9 chickens 4 hens and 5 roos. But when we got our first eggs I was totally hooked. Now we raise pigs, two steers and about 80 hens and 2 roos each yr. The city girl is gone but I am farm girl for sure. My mom always told me Becca Boone I ain't; I tell her that Becca Boone I am.

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...
I've only had chickens since June, I've already added a 2nd pen, gone to check out poultry at the country fair, something I never would have done before and been to a chicken swap. My husband is supportive and my family thinks I'm crazy.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Yeah we got chickens because we thought having 4-H cattle were expensive and we wanted something smaller and less expensive
ep.gif
NOT!!! Oh but they are so much more fun that breaking a calf to walk! I have to break them to get off my dern shoulder. they like to get up there where they can be all up in my face and such! I don't mind, makes me feel good that they trust me and love me!
hugs.gif

JayBird+16 :

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...
I've only had chickens since June, I've already added a 2nd pen, gone to check out poultry at the country fair, something I never would have done before and been to a chicken swap. My husband is supportive and my family thinks I'm crazy.

I have been thinking of getting involved in the county fair thing. Funny thing is, I do all of the surrounding county fair BBQ cookoffs but never really got interested in the animals unless they were on my smokers. Thats the whole reason I started looking at raising a few cattle.​

2 months age I decided I wanted 3-4 hens to lay some fresh eggs. Hubby said if I got chickens I had to let him have a rooster. Well, everyone knows that once I got a rooster I just had to pull out my old incubator and hatch some. Now I have 7 chickens, 11 babies, and 40 eggs in the bator, plus I'm working on quail in the new bator I bought! You guys are such enablers!

Very addicting! My problem is that we just bought our hobby farm that has 12 acres and a couple of older barns.

I am going to be in soooooooooooo much trouble when the wife finds out how many wonderful and tasty animals that I can put out there. And the other problem is that this is going to be my full time job!

I am going to be in so much trouble the day she comes home from work and finds out that I have 200 chickies out there instead of the 20 she gave me permission for.

I will promise her I will make it up to her somehow!

Back
Top Bottom