You have TRAINED chickens!

I have WHAT in my yard?

Songster
11 Years
Jun 24, 2008
Eggberg, PA
So neighbor stops by today and I realize that my flock has wandered out of my yard into his. So, I call them and they all come a runnin'....

his face:
ep.gif

"You have trained chickens?!?!"

Me, all nonchalant, sprinkling around the feed that they actually came for said, "Oh sure they're not that hard to train. Come by when its their bedtime, right around sunset, and I'll show you how they put themselves to bed."

He is all astonished. "Man I can't even get my kids to put themselves to bed!"

lau.gif

Don't tell OK?

My best friend, one of the least sentimental folks I know, was totally hornswaggled by the chickens. She thought it was adorable that they all came running when I approached the run. The best was when she saw the itty bitty chickies eating yogurt. She loved the way it seemed like they were looking up at me adoringly when they swallowed. Yeah, right, adoration. If I passed out in that run, they'd pick my bones clean. That's how much they adore me.

Mine come running to their gate as soon as they hear us walking towards the run. When we pass by their run in our car they all come running to the side of the run - they're probably saying "Look, it's the treat mobile!"
wee.gif
That's all I believe they think we're good for...forget about
love.gif
, they just want treats 24/7! What kinnup said was so true and so hysterical! I love them all dearly though, they're such great entertainment for our family.
D.gif

i am trying to train mine to jump and take food from my hand on command, i only have to say"Jump!" wile i am in a tree and they will fly up in it with me. the only problem is that when i am walking with my hands down at my sides they think "maybe there is a treat in her hand, lets jump up and peck it to find out!" good thing chickens don't have teeth...
wink.png

Your neighbor sounds so funny! i told my mom about it and she started laughing!
lau.gif
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom