You have TRAINED chickens!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by I have WHAT in my yard?, Nov 17, 2008.

1. I have WHAT in my yard?

I have WHAT in my yard? Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    Eggberg, PA
    So neighbor stops by today and I realize that my flock has wandered out of my yard into his. So, I call them and they all come a runnin'....

his face: [​IMG]

"You have trained chickens?!?!"

Me, all nonchalant, sprinkling around the feed that they actually came for said, "Oh sure they're not that hard to train. Come by when its their bedtime, right around sunset, and I'll show you how they put themselves to bed."

He is all astonished. "Man I can't even get my kids to put themselves to bed!"

[​IMG]

Don't tell OK?

2. Pumpkinpup

Pumpkinpup Poultry Princess

Jul 16, 2008
    North-West Georgia
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Non chicken people are so funny!!!

3. kinnip

kinnip Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2008
    Carrollton, GA
    My best friend, one of the least sentimental folks I know, was totally hornswaggled by the chickens. She thought it was adorable that they all came running when I approached the run. The best was when she saw the itty bitty chickies eating yogurt. She loved the way it seemed like they were looking up at me adoringly when they swallowed. Yeah, right, adoration. If I passed out in that run, they'd pick my bones clean. That's how much they adore me.

4. Rte.66_chicks

Rte.66_chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2008
    Kingman, AZ
    Mine are trained too!! I really feel special now!

5. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    Oh man i could tell stories of my neighbors too... fascinating how gullable they are

6. mrsengeseth

mrsengeseth Chillin' With My Peeps

lol!!! [​IMG]

7. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Mine come running to their gate as soon as they hear us walking towards the run. When we pass by their run in our car they all come running to the side of the run - they're probably saying "Look, it's the treat mobile!" [​IMG] That's all I believe they think we're good for...forget about [​IMG], they just want treats 24/7! What kinnup said was so true and so hysterical! I love them all dearly though, they're such great entertainment for our family. [​IMG]

8. 6chix

6chix Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 24, 2007
    Western Ma
    I need to train mine to lay some darn eggs. That would be a real feat:D

9. TaLani

TaLani ~ Gemini Chick ~

Oct 2, 2008
    Bryson City, NC
    Quote:Are they old enough to lay yet or are they molting or is the lack of daylight messing them up? [​IMG]

10. missourichickenmama

missourichickenmama SURPRISE!

Jul 17, 2008
    Missouri
    i am trying to train mine to jump and take food from my hand on command, i only have to say"Jump!" wile i am in a tree and they will fly up in it with me. the only problem is that when i am walking with my hands down at my sides they think "maybe there is a treat in her hand, lets jump up and peck it to find out!" good thing chickens don't have teeth... [​IMG]

Your neighbor sounds so funny! i told my mom about it and she started laughing! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by