You know how you get really excited when your chicks come???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Harley's girl, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Harley's girl

Harley's girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Well, I was! Until I opened the box. [​IMG] Dead chickies everywhere! I am so sad! [​IMG] My poor little chickies, they froze! Then I had to call my 2 friends and tell them "I am so sorry but your chicks are dead." [​IMG] I called Ideal, she said to wait until Monday and then call them back with the total. Since I have got them home 3 more has died. And 2 more are on the way (to dying). [​IMG] I sure hope all the other chicks make it. Sorry to spread sad news. But you all know misery loves company. [​IMG]

2. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    You know we understand! [​IMG]
    Sorry you're having to deal with all this!!

3. Quail_Antwerp

Quail_Antwerp [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]Mrs

Aug 16, 2008
    Ohio
    Oh no! I am so sorry!!!

4. Fancie

Fancie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 31, 2008
    Illinois
    [​IMG] I am really sorry [​IMG]

scary... My heart jumped when I went into the P.O. this morning and heard no tell tale chirps.. I am so scared to lose my chickies! Todays shipment arrived 105% perfect... but with all the horrer stories... I'm scared what next week will be like.....

How many chickies did you get shipped... how many do you think will be allright?

5. Harley's girl

We ordered 23 and right now 12 are alive. But not all of them are doing good. Since I have posted I lot another one. [​IMG] Sigh. I was really looking forward to having my Egyptian Fayoumis.

6. yardmama

yardmama Out Of The Brooder

Oct 1, 2008
    Jacksonville, Fl.
    I also got my chicks from Ideal yesterday. There were 24 (i thought) in the box. Everyone was happy and vigorus. Tonight I was going to use the shipping box while I changed the small tub of chicks.When I unrolled the packing hay there was 1 baby polish inside the box. It is almost frozen. I gave it some water and grogel in a dropper and put it in the box by itself with a lamp to heat it. The grandkids want to know if it is o.k., I sure hope it is cause this is my own stupid fault.[​IMG]:he:he

7. Harley's girl

Aww, I sure hope it makes it. Good luck.

8. nerfy

nerfy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2008
    Western Illinois
    Too many posts about poor lil dead fluffy butts! [​IMG] Hope the cold weather breaks and the replacement chicks thrive for all.
    Yardmama, I hope the chick makes it! [​IMG]

9. Hi!
    That's sad to hear, but good luck with the rest.

Maybe you'll have better luck with shipped chicks when the weather warms a bit.
    Good luck!
    Lisa

10. Padre

Padre Out Of The Brooder

Dec 28, 2008
    Lebanon, TN
    That is so very sad. I hope the replacements do well. I hope the little Polish pulls through as well. I lost one in my order from McMurray, but they had sent an extra pullet so I will either be down one roo or I will have exactly what I ordered. GOD Speed to all!! I do not believe in luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by