You know you love your chickens when...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lexielou623, Oct 22, 2015.

1. csaylorchickens

csaylorchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2015
    California
    My Coop

Lol that is love!

2. GodofPecking

GodofPecking Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 16, 2015
    only two ?? !! ?? you brute !!! :)

3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    You ask your wife to go outside and reverse the view so you can FaceTime your flock:oops:

3 people like this.
  4. When you walk into your parents bedroom and realize that your chicken who has to come inside the house at night because of health reasons is waiting outside the sliding door to be let in, and as soon as she sees you through the glass she starts squawking as loud as chickenly possible to let you know that she wants in RIGHT NOW. So you let her in and shoo her into the kitchen so if she leaves you a "present", you can at least easily clean it up.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  5. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

When you get an incubator for Christmas and when ever a predator kills a chicken you forever have a death wish on that certain carnivore. I WILL HATE GOLDEN EAGLES FOREVER.

6. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    I haven't lost one yet but I've come very close. Its illegal to kill them but I'd love to kill a few hawks. Instead I just shake my fist at em. I know they're just doing what they're supposed to do but I wish they'd stick to mice and squirrel.

1 person likes this.
  7. PerfectPlumage

PerfectPlumage Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah I wish they would stick to rodents too. A bird half one of my silkie's size killed her. It was like serama sized.

8. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's terrible. They're some aggressive birds. I was walking down the steps and a hawk flew down about twenty yards awAy from me and tried to get my leg horn. Luckily my roo was right there and fought it off until I got there. No injuries. Just feathers missing thank God. Had I not been there, I feel like she'd be gone. It was a little smaller than my roo. Glad I kelp him now. He's a friendly roo but he tries to protect his girls.

9. Adalida

Adalida Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Montana
    I love this thread! And can relate to most of the posts! I also "tuck in" my chickens at night and realized that I also sing them a lullaby...not any certain song, just nonsense like "night night chickies, sleep good chickie peeps, sweet dreams peeps" and pet them gently. I'm also obsessive about counting them and making sure nobody got left outside. And husband learned to do a head count if he's the one who shuts them up, or else I have to go count them.
    Also, for predators like Eagles and such, a slingshot is a satisfying deterrant.

3 people like this.
  10. rIrs roost

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Thank you for the sling shot idea. This ill use.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by