You know you love your chickens when...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by lexielou623, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Chickadee55

Chickadee55 Songster

Nov 17, 2010
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

2. Judee

Judee In the Brooder

Nov 12, 2015
    Portland, Oregon
    I love hearing all these. Cuz then I know I'm not alone in my "obsession".
    Grocery list always has some thing like: "bread, salad stuff, eggs, butter, fish, sumthin' for the girls"...... :)

1 person likes this.
  3. Jeanierose

Jeanierose In the Brooder

Sep 9, 2015
    Waltham, Massachusetts
    and say goodnight ladies! lol

4. Buckie quine

Buckie quine Hatching

May 10, 2015
    I went home to Scotland at xmas to visit my mum. I left hubby to look after The girls. He phoned me in a panic. They won't eat! I told my daughter. She said if we did'nt have hens mum I would say you are losing it! As we do I can quite believe it!

5. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    When you give them hugs everyday and remind them how long until their birthday. [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. ellend

ellend Songster

Jul 24, 2010
    cleveland, ohio
    Hawks aren't aggressive. They're hungry, and have babies to feed.

7. chickengal777

chickengal777 Hatching

Apr 24, 2014
    Modesto
    When you bathe your sick chicky girl to make her better. And a safe warm box inside for a sick girl to rest and recover

8. Adalida

Adalida Songster

Nov 21, 2015
    Montana
    When your husband has to go out of town for work for a few days and someone asks if you're okay by yourself at home, and you say "oh I'm not alone, I've got my chickens and they're good company."

9. Buckie quine

Buckie quine Hatching

May 10, 2015
    I. Have a large light Sussex. She is nearly nine years old. As she is a very heavy girl I think she jumped off her perch a while back. She hurt her leg and walks with a limp. I could'nt bear to put her down. Her name is Dutch because she is my duchess. Every morning I call her name and she answers me. I lift her down from the hen house, I make sure she has food and drink. If the sun shines I lift her out in the sun with the other girls and every evening I lift her back into the house. She can get about herself, she waits for me I'm sure. I love my dutch and dred the day she is no longer there to greet me.

1 person likes this.
  10. Buckie quine

Buckie quine Hatching

May 10, 2015
    Oh so true. I have someone to get up for, hurry home to and put to bed! Only people with hens can appreciate this.

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by