You know you love your chickens when...

love.gif

I love hearing all these. Cuz then I know I'm not alone in my "obsession".
Grocery list always has some thing like: "bread, salad stuff, eggs, butter, fish, sumthin' for the girls"...... :)

I went home to Scotland at xmas to visit my mum. I left hubby to look after The girls. He phoned me in a panic. They won't eat! I told my daughter. She said if we did'nt have hens mum I would say you are losing it! As we do I can quite believe it!

When your husband has to go out of town for work for a few days and someone asks if you're okay by yourself at home, and you say "oh I'm not alone, I've got my chickens and they're good company."

I. Have a large light Sussex. She is nearly nine years old. As she is a very heavy girl I think she jumped off her perch a while back. She hurt her leg and walks with a limp. I could'nt bear to put her down. Her name is Dutch because she is my duchess. Every morning I call her name and she answers me. I lift her down from the hen house, I make sure she has food and drink. If the sun shines I lift her out in the sun with the other girls and every evening I lift her back into the house. She can get about herself, she waits for me I'm sure. I love my dutch and dred the day she is no longer there to greet me.

Back
Top Bottom