You know you love your chickens when...

That's terrible. They're some aggressive birds. I was walking down the steps and a hawk flew down about twenty yards awAy from me and tried to get my leg horn. Luckily my roo was right there and fought it off until I got there. No injuries. Just feathers missing thank God. Had I not been there, I feel like she'd be gone. It was a little smaller than my roo. Glad I kelp him now. He's a friendly roo but he tries to protect his girls.
Yes.
Oh wow, lucky your roo was there. My roo is a silkie, he is pretty tough and always protects the girls. If one of the hens wonders off away from the flock when he thinks there is danger he will run over and chase her back into the group. Lol!

Yes.
Oh wow, lucky your roo was there. My roo is a silkie, he is pretty tough and always protects the girls. If one of the hens wonders off away from the flock when he thinks there is danger he will run over and chase her back into the group. Lol! 
He's a good roo. I have four small coops and he will walk them all to their individual coops and watch me lock them in before him and his favorite hen go to theirs. Gotta love a good roo.

When you talk sweet talk to your hens even though you know the neighbors can hear you and are highly amused.

Boy, does this sound familiar! I was talking to our flock the other day and my neighbor yelled over the fence,"I can hear you. If you keep it up I might think you are a crazy chicken lady." To which I replied, "I am proud to be a crazy chicken lady." LOL!!

When you are looking at harnesses to take your chickens for a walk and are considering which harness color would look better with their feathers...

Or you do never-ending taste tests to figure out their absolute favorite foods...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom