You made me do it!

fowlmood

Songster
10 Years
Jan 28, 2009
northern Michigan
I really didn't plan on going into the feed store and coming out with three more chicks and two goslings but guess what? I did it!!!!
wee.gif
They just so happened to have toulouse geese and since you all seem to encourage such things......

I also have one of my chicken hens sitting on five duck eggs. Yeah, it must finally be spring here in northern Michigan. Now if it would only quit snowing.
tongue.gif
:rant

Awww...CONGRATS! I lucked out on getting any at the TSC this year because they didn't get any in:( My hubby finally said I could get a few geese this year to add to our zoo & now I can't seem to find any. I wanted 2 toulouse. I think they are soo beautiful!

GOOD LUCK!
big_smile.png

Never, never, go into a feed store when they have new chicks. They are addictive! I walked out the other day, having just bought 5 about a month ago. I thought, "How cute are those Pekins!". A day later my daughter calls me and says, "MOM, I have a huge favor!!"......a friend of mine bought 2 ducklings for his apartment and they found out he has them, he can't have them anymore, would you take them??"

What do you think I said!!!?? See my new website for the new cuties!! Addictive I tell you!!
wink.png

CONGRATS to all new chick owners!

This is an example of why I send DH to the feed store for me in spring. I call and place my order and give her my CC number and then he picks it up. I am not foolish enough to think I can go in there and leave without some. I tried that last year and there were five lone black australorps pullets....well guess who they left with? Yes, now known as Lexi, Lucky, Lucy, Lulu and Lacey.
gig.gif

Edit: I have 10 ducklings ordered. Why? Because when we walked into the feed store together he said and I shall quote him "Dear no more chickens, pheasants, geese, guinea, horses, cows, buffalo, sheep, llamas, dogs or cats" So I ordered 10 ducklings because they were not on his list.
lol.png
he has not noticed goats are not on that list. I am looking for little nigerians now.

Last edited:
I am *so* jealous we don't have TSC here. It is probably for the best though. I think my hubby is one step away from moving me out to the barn as it is.
smile.png

Our feed store is a total enabler. When they have their 'chick days', you get 5 free chicks with every 50# bag of chick starter or flock raiser. Now who can turn down something like that? I have gotten 25 so far (feed flock raiser to my other babies, and the quail and ducks), with the thoughts that 'hey they're free, might as well take them. I can always take them to auction and resell them'. Yeah right. I have 2 brooders in my spare bedroom (not counting the quail brooder). One has 19 3-5 week old chicks, the other has 30 2-week and under chicks. Resell them my foot. I'm just glad they haven't gotten any geese, then I would really be in trouble! The ducklings I can resist, I have 20+ eggs in my bator right now, with another 22 eggs waiting to go in, and at least 16 more eggs on the way (not counting what my birds will lay!).
th.gif
I'll be glad when chick days are over!!
gig.gif

See what I mean....you all make it sound so normal to walk out of the feed store with more animals!
lol.png
I'm beginning to think they built that store just for me. I certainly do my share to keep them in business. Do you know how many times I've said, "I think I have just the right amount of animals now" and then go buy more!? Ha, it never ends does it?

By the way, I love the stories on this thread.
lau.gif
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom