You might be a “Southie” if...

Pics
You might be a Southie if you cannot identify these:

View attachment 2015543

Those are a flock of black flies getting ready to feed....the proper response is to lock yourself into something they cannot get into..

Nope, nope, nope.
Bug Kill Bat Smash.gif

You might be a Southie if you willing swim in the river this fella came from.
View attachment 2015577

I did that one time and one time only. I looked down the river and saw not only an aligator but a snake swimming across. The people I was with said, "oh, they won't bother you." Nope, I was out. Never looked back. Lol

I did that one time and one time only. I looked down the river and saw not only an aligator but a snake swimming across. The people I was with said, "oh, they won't bother you." Nope, I was out. Never looked back. Lol
We go camping at Mullet Lake Park every now and then with some other folks. They have 2 airboats they bring. My favorite part is going out at night zipping around the water/land in the dark.

Whats very interesting, especially when it's a person's first night ride is bringing out the spot light. You can shine it across the water and see a good hundred eyes staring back at you. Most first timers just sit down. Night time rides are a good way to wreck, seeing that makes them reconsider their decisions lol.

It's pretty eerie knowing they are all there during they day, you just never see them.

We had them in our lakeshore, in the reeds. Honestly it never occurred to any of us not to go swimming. Who wants to swim in the reeds anyway? I once skied over an alligator. It was bumpy, but I decided it would be a bad idea to fall... Not sure why my dad decided to pull us through that part of the lake. :idunnoFun times. :)

Back
Top Bottom