You might be a “Southie” if...

Pics
Good grief was it hot today. I don't think I've turned the AC off for a week by now!

giphy.gif
:tongue

I grew up in central FL, and now live in western SD, in zone 4. That ain’t south no matter what Ralphie’s chart says. Central FL isn’t really the south in the same way as AL or GA, or LA, etc. are south. It’s largely populated by the children of those who moved south when AC was invented, and the parents and grandparents of current northies. My part of SD isn’t north the way MN and WI, etc. are north, either. I guess I’m kind of directionless... :idunno

I grew up in central FL, and now live in western SD, in zone 4. That ain’t south no matter what Ralphie’s chart says. Central FL isn’t really the south in the same way as AL or GA, or LA, etc. are south. It’s largely populated by the children of those who moved south when AC was invented, and the parents and grandparents of current northies. My part of SD isn’t north the way MN and WI, etc. are north, either. I guess I’m kind of directionless... :idunno
However, you are at altitude..... so it’s almost like being Northerner, but you have a view of Mt Rushmore..

I love okra (crisp-fried only), but I never tasted it until I moved here. I enjoy grits but I learned about them in my late teens in NC. I seldom eat them because too many carbs and you can’t buy real grits up here anyway. I had to look up eel pouts. I’m not having any luck figuring out what a popple is. I’ve driven on icy lakes and fished through a hole three ft thick but I hated it. I felt lucky to escape with all my fingers and toes. I’m not a big angler in any circumstances.

I like hunting—the kind where you can keep moving so as not to freeze or fall asleep. I don’t like venison or wild turkey or antelope though, and since I’m not forced to eat them to survive, I don’t hunt much.

Back
Top Bottom