You might be a “Southie” if...

Pics
Ahhh peeples!!

Those are not just Southie sayings. They are old people’s sayings, I have even used some of them myself..

now for a history lessons, most those sayings were stolen by Southies from Norrherners who originated them, except for the silly Southie ones that make no sense.
Oh Lord love a duck.

Inch of snow yesterday, all in about 20 minutes when a squall blew through. More snow this weekend, looks like they are going to get about a foot off to the north of us. Maybe we put the sleds away too soon!

We had snow yesterday too, but with those strong winds the snow blew into Wisconsin. No accumulation. The winds were a category 7 on the Ralphie scale.

@duluthralphie , ok Ralphie I’ve read most of this thread now.

Let’s start at the beginning, and try to teach these yankee doodles a few things.

Okra is only good fried and crispy. NO slimy allowed.

Grits are great, with butter and cheese. You yankee doodles call, it Hominy and forget to ground it up..

Best fish for eating is Catfish, prove me wrong..

Ice fishing is fun, but who in their right mind wants to go sit on a frozen lake drill a hole, and freeze your butt off hoping to catch a fish, now you call southies crazy psssst hahahaha

Truck driving on a frozen lake, have to add more qualifiers, like did you do any donuts (spinning it around for fun)?

Have you ever lost a snowmobile into a frozen lake (yes I did was a bad day lol)

With all that said Ya’ll keep going this here thread is great reading. Given me a gut buster of a laugh

Edit: I forgot to mention opossum is only good when grilled on the half shell.

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 6.10.24 PM.png

You can also pitch a Duck Fit, considered worse than a hissy fit.

@duluthralphie , ok Ralphie I’ve read most of this thread now.

Let’s start at the beginning, and try to teach these yankee doodles a few things.

Okra is only good fried and crispy. NO slimy allowed.silly southies.., okra only comes in three ways... slimed, really slimed and super slimed

Grits are great, with butter and cheese. You yankee doodles call, it Hominy and forget to ground it up.. hominy is a southern thing, I can stomach it, if I am starving. I surely would never pay good money for it.

Best fish for eating is Catfish, prove me wrong..almost any fish is better than catfish, even the prized bullhead is better. I would introduce you to sunfish, walleye or the prized Northern Pike, but then you would want to move up here, and we have to many Southies clamoring to move here already.

Ice fishing is fun, but who in their right mind wants to go sit on a frozen lake drill a hole, and freeze your butt off hoping to catch a fish, now you call southies crazy psssst hahahaha silly Southie, we sit in nice warm houses or shacks to fish. Up north we have a very old invention that works well to check on lines outside the house. It’s called a window.

Truck driving on a frozen lake, have to add more qualifiers, like did you do any donuts (spinning it around for fun)? you can whip poopies if you want, but if someone is fishing be prepared to dodge flying lead particles. We mainly drive on ice to get from point a to point b.

Have you ever lost a snowmobile into a frozen lake (yes I did was a bad day lol). the object of using a snowmobile on a lake is to not fall in the lake or lose the snowmobile. We try to keep southies off snowmobiles for this very reason. When a snowmobile with a Southie goes into a lake or river we have pollution issues. Gas and oil are bad enough, but try to get the smell on taste off a fish from water a Southie took a dunk in, its nearly impossible.

With all that said Ya’ll keep going this here thread is great reading. Given me a gut buster of a laugh

Edit: I forgot to mention opossum is only good when grilled on the half shell.only a Southie would know this. Of course, possum on a half shell would be better than okra or boiled peanuts

Back
Top Bottom