You might be a “Southie” if...

🤣 I actually stumbled across the video for this book several months ago! It showed up in my feed after I kept searching about Mississippi! Also send help… I may be slowly transitioning to a deep southie. I tried fried okra - delicious. Catfish though is disgusting. And I went home for fall break and my family laughed because I said like 2 whole words with a very slight southern twang. Good news though, sticking to my roots and refusing to call crawdads “crayfish”!
Transition on! There’s no better thing to be than a good ol Southie! Fried okra is yummy. Catfish is too. You must have had mudcat. They’re disgusting! I’m confused on the crawdad deal. I call them crawdads. Don’t think I’ve ever said crayfish before in my life!

Transition on! There’s no better thing to be than a good ol Southie! Fried okra is yummy. Catfish is too. You must have had mudcat. They’re disgusting! I’m confused on the crawdad deal. I call them crawdads. Don’t think I’ve ever said crayfish before in my life!
Huh, that's funny! Everyone on campus calls them crayfish or crawfish... maybe it's a Mississippi/Louisiana thing? I definitely did have bad catfish both times I tried it, but now I'm like, I tried it twice, not sure I want to try it a third time! It's certainly a slow transition. I was looking at a menu and had to google what a po-boy is. Never heard of such a thing before! I'm debating whether or not I'm brave enough to try shrimp tonight... we'll see. Also I'm thinking maybe I better try to blend a little with the southern way of talking, not the accent, just the way of communication. Apparently some people here think I'm being rude even when I'm not meaning to be because I don't use a soft voice and I'm very blunt. My friend here from Ohio has the same problem :idunno
Maybe I could use the book to try to figure things out!

Huh, that's funny! Everyone on campus calls them crayfish or crawfish... maybe it's a Mississippi/Louisiana thing? I definitely did have bad catfish both times I tried it, but now I'm like, I tried it twice, not sure I want to try it a third time! It's certainly a slow transition. I was looking at a menu and had to google what a po-boy is. Never heard of such a thing before! I'm debating whether or not I'm brave enough to try shrimp tonight... we'll see. Also I'm thinking maybe I better try to blend a little with the southern way of talking, not the accent, just the way of communication. Apparently some people here think I'm being rude even when I'm not meaning to be because I don't use a soft voice and I'm very blunt. My friend here from Ohio has the same problem :idunno
Maybe I could use the book to try to figure things out!
You should do fine you are in you’re in your environment with your people.

MiMi is right on the catfish, good cat fish is yummy. However, I have had a muddy piece mixed in with good ones. I just move them aside and grab the next piece. Nite gingerly until you know if it is muddy or not.

On okra MiMi is simply deranged. They is no such thing as good okra.

You should do fine you are in you’re in your environment with your people.

MiMi is right on the catfish, good cat fish is yummy. However, I have had a muddy piece mixed in with good ones. I just move them aside and grab the next piece. Nite gingerly until you know if it is muddy or not.

On okra MiMi is simply deranged. They is no such thing as good okra.
No, on the okra she is definitely correct. I've found that fried okra is right up there next to fried pickles:drool

No, on the okra she is definitely correct. I've found that fried okra is right up there next to fried pickles:drool
More proof you are the Southie you always tried to deny you were.

and never ever try to compare. Great food like fried dill pickles to okra. There are lots of swamps down there you could disappear in for such blasphemy.

Back
Top Bottom