You might be a crazy chicken lady/gent if...Go on, post yours!

If you give your silkies hair cuts...so they can see better when out free ranging. (I don't show my birds, they are pets, so I see no harm.)
If you grab some cardboard to sit on in the middle of winter so you can sit in the coop with your birds for hours...usually a nap or two involved...
If your chickens know their names... haha

when you stop after every shovel full of dirt in your garden to check for worms and take them to your chicks one by one so they will associate you wiht the treats

Last edited:
Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex :

If you are seriously considering buying a $500 dog kennel you just saw at costco because with a small coop added it would make a perfect breeding pen.
I mean really perfect! Sturdy wire walls painted black, human sized door, 7' tall on the sides, probly 8' at the peak, tarp roof, looked about 12' square... and it isn't a bad price for what it is. All it needs is a little coop atatched and it would be done.

OH NO READ this one too late my new addition, I really must be nuts..........
81831_img_1090.jpg

81831_img_1091.jpg

If you get home from work and scarf down dinner so you can go outside (braving long grass, mud, and dog poo) to see the chicks... without changing out of the heels, tights, and skirt... because you want to spend every daylight moment you can with the peeps, even though they still don't like you.
Then you come inside when its dark and spend half an hour uploading pics of these same ungrateful things, trying to decide how many to post on FB and BYC.

If friends and family know better than to call early in the morning, but you wake up at 4am daily to check on your new peeps... give treats... and change newspaper. (then don't even get too upset when they instantly poo all over the fresh newspaper
barnie.gif
)

If you get home from work and scarf down dinner so you can go outside (braving long grass, mud, and dog poo) to see the chicks... without changing out of the heels, tights, and skirt... because you want to spend every daylight moment you can with the peeps, even though they still don't like you.
Then you come inside when its dark and spend half an hour uploading pics of these same ungrateful things, trying to decide how many to post on FB and BYC.

LOL! Way too close to home on that one!
lau.gif

Last edited:

yuckyuck.gif

I don't even know you - or your chicks - but I'm forming a picture in my mind. Thanks for the laugh. (GREAT thread!)​

.... ungrateful things, ....

Bribe them .... with hard boiled eggs. (But change your clothes first!
wink.png
) That's what I've done with mine (almost 2 weeks old). Now I can't keep them off me.​

Back
Top Bottom