You might be a crazy chicken lady/gent if...Go on, post yours!

Quote:
I used my own toothbrush the other day, because one of my sons used the one by the sink (that is for scrubbing radishes and cleaning the chicken waterer) for polishing his shoes. I did have a spare in the cabinet.

If you happen to be making an EIGHT HOUR drive to see a concert with a friend (a non-chicken-loving friend at that!) and decide to stop on the way home to pick up a rooster you need for this breeding project because the only one you can find is a 6 hour drive away.
I slipped that one into our travel plans really casually. I was like "And we should stop for lunch in Chehalis so I can pick up this rooster I am getting from someone on BYC. Don't worry, I'll put him in a box."

If you have flooding and your chicken is wet, and there is a river going through your yard, and it's thundering and lightning and you bring the chicken in your bathroom and dry her with a towel. Until the power goes out
lol.png

When you're already addicted to this bloody forum, and you haven't even finished your coop or bought your first chicken yet. I can well foresee that this place is going to be a problem for us.

Beers y'all,
Ken

When you've had more conversations with your chickens in the past week than with adults
lol.png

You find yourself looking at all birds in a completely different way, when before you owned chickens, you weren't really a "bird person" at all

You intently analyze your chickens' poo several times a day for signs of worms/illness, and yet can't stand changing yet another baby diaper!

You refer to aforementioned baby as "the brown egg layer"
lol.png

When you still cater to 15 extra roosters, in your horses stall, who you suppose to butcher in Sept. because you can't make yourself kill them..........................arggggggggggggg
I have tried selling, giving them away, I advertized in 2 local papers and craigs list, and I'm still trying to make a desion day to do the nasty dead, even though we could surely use the meat, it';s making me crazy...........

when you waste page upon page in notebooks doodling designs for new chicken coops. Then you realize that the coops designs get progressively bigger on each page because you've already decided to get more chickens and need to expand again. Then, you find yourself dumpster diving at construction sites for free materials to build the behemoth you are imagining.....

when you eat it because the chickens don't want it.
My son cracked an egg when he collected the other day. He has read that chickens liked scrambled eggs, so he went in and cooked it up for them. (cooking food for the girls is another sign I'm sure) Took it out to them and offered it up only to be snubbed.
D.gif
So he ate it instead. He doesn't know why they wouldn't eat it he thought it was good!

Back
Top Bottom