You might be a Redneck if-

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I grew up my family taught me to be resourcefull, use what you have to get by. Right now I don't have a tiller, or any regular pots, or anything to pot with, or much money. But, I was tire poor. So, I used what I had to get by and make do. I used the resources I had available to me to, hopefully, grow food for my family. In the process I'm hoping my kids learn to be resourcefull, never waste anything.

In the next week or so, at least when I can get some time, we're going to build a bean and pea fence. I have a couple of old chain link gates that I got from a fella who needed them removed from his property. I've been saving them for a few years now. I've got several mounds of dirt that the county gave me from their clean up work in the ditches. It's good black earth, and it had lots of crawdads and other stuff living in it. It's good fertile stuff. I've been using that to help fill the tires. I'm also going to use that to build the row for planting along my bean fence. I'll mix in some of the stuff I'll be using for fertilizer too. I'm hoping that it'll do alright. I'll keep ya'll posted on how that turns out. Should make for some interesting results if all goes well.

Quote:
How many arms do your children have? Just kidding.

big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I do have a cousin who has a cat with 8 toes.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
Cutest little thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom