You never really know chickens

haha- she stayed with the meat birds, always was skittish, as in faster than lightening. We tried a couple of times to catch her, but just upset things and I didn't want the meat birds to have a heart attack. So I left her - she was thriving.

But the layers would come up snooping around the meat pen. Their coops are around a corner from each other, maybe 30 yards apart or less.

@Brahma Chicken5000 - she really does not seem to have much of a comb at all. Almost non -existent.

I think so too, and I looked up the Amberlink, and she does not have that kind of demeanor either. She is not stocky. I don't believe I have ever had a gamefowl, but she is so skittish. However, gamefowl is a type of bird, right, not a breed?

mk

I am thinking you are right on the OEG. Today, when I went down, she was in the coop, but not hiding under a bench, but rather perched on top of it, talking to a hen laying an egg, or that is how it looked to me.

She went out into the coop, and no one is bothering her, but she is kind of alone too. It just takes some time.

I had a laying hen who wanted babies so badly that she ran away. I lived in the hills south of San Francisco and there are coyote, mountain lion and lots of other small predators. She came back with nine babies! I have NO idea where she hid - but she did it successfully. At first I thought it was what your little hen did! If they want to hatch babies - they get pretty clever!

Back
Top Bottom