You'd better watch out!

rancher hicks

Free Ranging
14 Years
Feb 28, 2009
Syracuse, NY
So the phone rings and the guy in an indian voice says there is a problem with my computer. The only problem was for him cuz he was talking to my son who works in military security for the Government. LOL. I dont' know exactly what I son said but he started to laugh and the guys says there's a problem with your computer and you think it's funny? My son said it's either laugh or get angry.

My son did a reverse hack into this guys computer and messed things up big time. Not really but it would have been cool if he did.

So you'd better watch out for this scam.

Rancher

Randomy......

Ramblely......

A+!!!!!!!!

tongue.png

I was at my grandparents house about 2-3 months ago and recieved the same
type of phone call.
The guy got to the point of arguing when I told him that I did my own
computer repairs and got even madder whe I told him that my grandparents
didn't even own a computer. (Heck, grandmother and grandfather have
just in the last year figured out how to use a cell phone but then they are
87 and 84 years old.)

Already got that call...back in Oregon months ago. I said "Oh? I do not own a computer" the guy was stuttering and such and I hung up on him.

We live in a community filled with aging and retired farmers. The newest scam around here is , someone calls these elderly folks and tells them he is a grandson and is in jail. He asks them to please wire him $ for his bail because he did not do anything wrong. Then if that works he calls back and asks for lawyer $.
smack.gif

Chickenchick- this scam just got an elderly lady in our community to the tune of $18,000+. "Grandmom, I'm in trouble with the police in Canada. Johnny is that you?" And the scam was on. She wired the money from a local grocery store, and no one questioned the process.

Last edited:
Quote:
Oh no! It makes me just as sad as it does angry that someone would do this at all, but to an unsuspecting good hearted Grandmother
sad.png
There must be a special place in hell for these folks
somad.gif
I had no idea this was a wide spread scam
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom