Young Brahma rooster comb and behavior question

I don't exactly agree with this mindset, while in some cases it is true, it's not always the case. My most friendly roosters were also my least aggressive ones. In addition, take for example a breed like the aseel, they are known for being very human friendly, and a good aseel should not seek to attack its owner. Now, I agree that there is a difference between friendliness and a rooster testing the boundaries, something that can get misunderstood by the beginner keeper. And finally, temperament among other things is breed dependent, so some breeds that are known for being friendly are going to have roosters that are truly that

My beautiful rooster is almost 7 months old. He always had a medium pink pea comb and I swear he changed overnight. His pea comb is much larger, plump and red. I want to make sure this is normal? First time with a brahma rooster. I didn't expect it to puff up more and turn red.

Around the time when this happened, he became more sassy and less social. Not aggressive at all, he just doesn't want to snuggle like he use to or take treats from me. It takes a lot of convincing. I have also observed him mounting my hens now and crowing more. I didn't experience such an abrupt change with my previous roosters.

Please assure me it's just due to maturing. I want my cuddle rooster back but, he is a great rooster none the less. Attached picture is of him a month ago and of a rooster I found online that looks like him now (didn't have my phone on me to snap a picture today).View attachment 3391752View attachment 3391753
Don't you worry, your buddy is just learning how to rooster.
It's normal for them to start being more dominant around his age.

Back
Top Bottom