Young chick walking "on high heel"

WolfLady

Chirping
Jun 14, 2020
Quebec (Canada)
Hi!

I have a 36 hours old silver ameraucana chick that limp since his birth. I noticed that despite being able to stand static normally, when he walks, his left wrist is positioned as if he was walking on high heel. He walks, runs, feed, scratch normally. What could it be? Is there anything I can do to fix his leg? Should I put a splint? At the moment I take him out several time a day and gently hold him with his feet flat to try helping the right position, there is a very small improvement (mostly his balance).

I joined a static picture and one while walking.

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20210213_085414.jpg
    IMG_20210213_085414.jpg
    558.2 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_20210213_085408.jpg
    IMG_20210213_085408.jpg
    412.9 KB · Views: 16
i am not a expert but you could try cutting out a piece of cardboard and tapeing his foot to it so it is flat

@CJLR I thought about that too, but the issue is his wrist and not his toes, it would need to be more like a sandal with a wrist support to straighten the wrist, but I'm not sure how well it would be doable for his tiny size, I'm afraid to accidentally hurt him

Get a toothpick, cut off the sharp ends. Get a hot glue gun. Break the toothpick in half, glue the pieces at a right angle. make sure the glue is dry and cool. Then, get a TINY bit of medical tape that will come off easy. Cut it to the right size, get the chick, put the toothpicks on the back of his leg and under his foot. use the medical tape to tape it to the foot. Hope this works!

Back
Top Bottom