Young male not eating

Kleonaptra

Songster
7 Years
Oct 3, 2012
Western Sydney, Australia
Put my 4 birds in their new coop about 2 weeks ago and everyone is doing great. Last night noticed Mike sitting fluffed up on the edge of the perch. Father pige bullies him a bit and sleeps in between the 2 girls so it was fairly normal nite time behaviour. This morning he was in the same place still fluffed up.

Ive isolated him in a small cage and I made up a bit of farax, pellet and honey and syringed a couple of mls into him. I was going to give charcoal but I thought Id try food first. He perked up a bit and seemed more alert but still down.

His feathers are still nice and sleek, no build up around eyes or beak, feet and vent clean, no injuries. I will try and get a pic up this afternoon.

He is still very fluffed up - Ive given him a warm bottle and covered his cage. He seems to have picked around in the food and done a watery but otherwise normal poop. Im thinking he may have eaten something bad in the new coop as theres more foraging oppurtunities.

Is it possible he's depressed or something? Big move, then getting bullied and then a food change - I bought a 'pigeon mix' that no one likes. I have 2 feeding areas and watched closely to make sure everyone got fed, but today he made no attempt to go for the food.

It is a possibility that he's depressed if he's never been away from the cage he hatched in and with a new pigeon and his father being mean. I hope he gets better soon!

She was quarantine for about 2 weeks. They all went in the big coop together so if she gave Mike something the other 2 would have gotten it too.

Heres a pic. He loves the hot water bottle, hes feeling cold. Eating a little and having some watery poops. I think he ate part of the vine that grows over he coop. Ive been tying to identify it, but his poop is very green. Poor little fella.

The other 3 are nuts. One of the worst storms ever, did they take shelter? no, sat out on a perch!

Back
Top Bottom