Young Mille fleur d’uccles stopped layigg N for two months.

HenSolo123

Chirping
Feb 24, 2023
My Mille fleur d’uccles were born in February. Started laying consistently 4-6 eggs a week each in June. In august one of the three pullets I had was killed by a predator and they haven’t laid an egg since! (Two months). In the last few months they’ve appeared to go through a mild molt, though my Google research said they shouldn’t molt until older? I also added one new chicken. Their combs used to be very red when they were laying. Now they are pale like when they were younger. I’ve not changed their food since they were laying. To top it off, winter is coming fast here in Kentucky. Any advice to get them back to laying? Even if it’s not as many eggs, which is fine since it’s not their season for it.

I don’t know if this information helps you, but I have two Millie Fleur D’uccle hatched in March of this year. Both started laying in August-one continues to lay regularly, the other stopped laying and is molting some. I figure the molting one will start laying when the days get longer again.

Chicken naturally take a break when the weather turns cold and the days become shorter. My flock along with my small flock of duccles have quit laying also. They may lay a couple eggs through out the winter or they may all together quit laying until the spring. No worries, it’s normal.

Back
Top Bottom