Young Muscovy Male

HallFamilyFarm

APA ETL#195
14 Years
Jan 25, 2010
Monticello, Arkansas
This is being sold on auction only! Please go to

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=5037797#p5037797 to place a bid.

Donald is a young Muscovy drake.

His sire is our Dan, a Chocolate Muscovy Old Drake. Grand Champion Waterfowl, Best of Breed, Best of Variety: 2010 APA Arkansas State Meet, Pine Bluff Arkansas.

His dam is our Ann, a Chocolate Muscovy Old Hen, Reserve Breed, Best of Variety: 2010 Spring Livestock Show, Little Rock Arkansas.

Donald is the only duckling with his color. Some say it is Lavender, others Silver. In any case, we are only keeping Chocolates, so Donald needs a good home. He must go to either an Exhibition home or a meat/egg producing home per new USFWS regulations. Learn more about the regulations at https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=304055

Donald has not quite gotten all his feathers in. He will be a HUGE duck. He is already as large as his mother and about half the size of his father.

47716_muscovy_duckling_color_1.jpg

47716_muscovy_duckling_color_2.jpg

47716_muscovy_duckling_color_3.jpg

Donald with Dan:

47716_image0219.jpg

47716_image0214.jpg

Dan and Ann:

47716_0328101008-00.jpg

47716_npip-logo_80x70.gif

Last edited:
Wish you were in TX I would take him in a heart beat! Are you going to have any hatching eggs for sale in the spring? Do you have many of his color come out of your chocolates?

Quote:
I have a meeting next Wed in Paris TX.....could bring it along with me. Where in Texas are you?

Ooops, just seen that Pleasanton is below San Antonio.

As for the colors. this is the only non-chocolate we have hatched this year. Since we only had the pair when they hatched, we know it came from them. we have since added some pullets, but they are not laying yet. We are hoping we get some more eggs this fall.

We are willing to ship, but the buyer must purchase a USPS shipping box and have it delivered to us. Then the shipping box must be a large, as he is very long. The shipping would be COD. When we ship older birds we always add apples and affix a feed container to the side that we fill with feed and water. The feed absorbs the water and helps the bird. The USPS ships juvenile and adult birds all the time with no problems.

Last edited:
Paris is a little far from me! LOL I wouldn't be able to afford to have him shipped it costs an arm and a leg! The last birds I had shipped were two pigeon cocks that barely weighed a pound each and they cost me $60 to ship them! I am looking for some eggs in the spring and have always wanted some chocolates, but I am a sucker for anything blue or silver.

yuckyuck.gif

I think one of my hens may of gone broody so I might be in the market for some eggs if you know of anyone who has any available. Have you ever used a broody hen to hatch scovy eggs?

Quote:
No eggs here at present. Try posting a wanted ad here on BYC

I had a cochin bantam hen need punishment this spring so I set 6 Muscovy eggs under her. She took great care of them until Donald became bigger than her. She then went back to laying. So Donald is proof a bantam will hatch Muscovy eggs!

Back
Top Bottom