Young Olive Eggers - PICS

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gryeyes, Oct 24, 2010.

1. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Some of the chicks I've hatched are from eggs received from Wynette (Olive Eggers and Jersey Giants) and the Olive Eggers are now free ranging with the rest of the flock. Well, not really with ALL of the flock, as the most mature birds make it out to the front yard and into my land-lady's yard, whilst the younger birds tend to stay in the back yard.

I get a kick out of seeing younger birds venture into the front yard....

Anyway, the Olive Eggers are still hanging out in the back yard, but they are ALL over it now. It won't be long before they make it around the house to the front. I raised a feed store Black Jersey Giant (bought on impulse as the JGs were hatching, for comparison) and Light Brahma with the OEs - I call them my Gang of Seven.

Two of the OEs are cockerels, but maaan it's gonna be hard to consider rehoming 'em. They're really good looking fellas. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get photos of them with their heads up!!!!

Here are some of my Gang of Seven photos.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This shot is of some of the other "youngster" birds that haven't made it into the front yard with the others on a regular basis, yet.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

One OE pullet and one OE roo.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. V Comb

V Comb Chillin' With My Peeps

Your birds are pretty, but your yard is GORGEOUS! [​IMG]

3. fl_deb

fl_deb Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Quote:x2 [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Oh yeah!

5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
    Nice birds! I love the color of the olive eggers. I don't have any birds that color and I want some! [​IMG]

6. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Well, thank you, but I only took photos in THAT direction on purpose! [​IMG] The rest of my yard is a mess. I've got the most cobbled-together run you can imagine, a compound of various coops including one transformed from a plastic Little Tikes playhouse, some sad looking raised garden beds with green poultry fencing around 'em, chicken wire around others, various plastic tubs here and there, a scattering of concrete pavers, plastic yard chairs. garden implements laying hither and yon, and quite a collection of once potted plants now serving as personal dust bath spas for this or that chicken.

My back porch lists rather alarmingly in one direction, but it might be from all the wind chimes I collect and hang all over it. (Even though I try to put the elaborate and heavier ones on the OTHER side to bring it back plumb....)

But I DID build the two goldfish ponds all by myself, plus two coops.

Those Olive Eggers are getting prettier and prettier by the day, even the two roos.

7. NeeleysAVLChicks

NeeleysAVLChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    Leicester, NC
    Awww, they look great!!

I've got a gaggle of OE's from Wynette as well, I just looooove them! Such sweet little personalities, even the rooster! I expected them to be a little more hands off, as they were raised by a broody, but not at all! So curious and friendly, I just love them!

ETA: Your rooster looks just like mine around that age, lemme see if I can find a picture of him now.

ETA: Found one! And there's a couple of his OE ladies around him, he just started really crowing this week.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  8. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2009
    Hello, I don't know who Wynette is, but here is a pic. of one of my EE roosters and one of the hens...kind of looks like you alls also...lol[​IMG]..and actually he has a son that looks almost identical to him..and now guess what...I have one hatched out about 2 months ago that I am sure will look like him also...it's amusing, because I did not have any that looked like him at first.and now 3. I was so afraid something would happen to him before he could produce another one that looked like him.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by