Young Peafowl

Ranaeo

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2021
I am a new peafowl owner. I have a hen that just started to lay eggs this season. I also have caged with her what I believe to be a young year old peacock. Is it normal for her to chase him around some and call for boys I assume?

Not all two-year-olds will breed but if the cock has a couple of eye feathers the possibility is pretty good.
Also good to know. Thank you. I'm hoping to find some peafowl hatching eggs at a good price to give my hens when next they nest. I looked at ebay a while back and the eggs were priced around $20 an egg; more than I can pay for eggs that would likely be ruined in shipping.

Also good to know. Thank you. I'm hoping to find some peafowl hatching eggs at a good price to give my hens when next they nest. I looked at ebay a while back and the eggs were priced around $20 an egg; more than I can pay for eggs that would likely be ruined in shipping.
Save your money and buy started birds, don't throw it away on eggs. If you check Craigslist and can drive local the results can be better, it is the shipping that kills eggs.

Back
Top Bottom