Young Rooster Needs a Home - Austin, TX

ChezCadam

In the Brooder
Feb 7, 2022
Austin, TX
We took in a stray/abandoned baby rooster but cannot keep him. I'm unsure of his breed but he's in good health and a happy little guy. I would guess he's around 10 weeks old.

Please reach out if you're interested or know anyone who may be.

We're in Austin, TX.

Thanks!
IMG_1664.JPG

We took in a stray/abandoned baby rooster but cannot keep him. I'm unsure of his breed but he's in good health and a happy little guy. I would guess he's around 10 weeks old.

Please reach out if you're interested or know anyone who may be.

We're in Austin, TX.

Thanks!
View attachment 3347452
He's such a cure little guy.
May I ask why you need to get rid of him?

He looks like Black Australorp, what with the comb profile and emerald green sheen to those black feathers. Are you sure he's a cockerel? My 7 month old BA hen, Penny, is big 'ol gal!

You should try posting on the "Where am I? Where are You?" forum here on BYC.

Would enjoy a follow up on his situation. Good luck!

He's such a cure little guy.
May I ask why you need to get rid of him?
Sure. We have a small (4 bird) flock in urban Austin who are very happy. They're not really looking for a guy! If we had more space we'd consider it but crowing could be a problem where we live and we don't want any chicks right now. We also have two small dogs and don't want to risk him being aggressive toward them. So just trying to take care of him until he finds a permanent home.

He looks like Black Australorp, what with the comb profile and emerald green sheen to those black feathers. Are you sure he's a cockerel? My 7 month old BA hen, Penny, is big 'ol gal!

You should try posting on the "Where am I? Where are You?" forum here on BYC.

Would enjoy a follow up on his situation. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm fairly certain he's a cockerel but will post a follow up!

Back
Top Bottom