younger flock..

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by BlueBirdChick, Oct 15, 2010.

1. BlueBirdChick

BlueBirdChick On Vacation

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    I have three months old should I wait tell they are four months old before I put them out with the older ones??????

2. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Nope...you could have integrated them long ago. [​IMG]

3. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Phew okay just wondering cause where I have them its kinda getting small for them lol they're nearly as big as my four month old hens so [​IMG] thankyou [​IMG]

4. Beekissed

Beekissed True BYC Addict

Be sure that you put them where they can see each other but have no contact for a week or so before you integrate fully. They make get picked on quite a bit if you don't. They will still get the occasional peck but this is normal and nothing to worry about.

Your welcome! [​IMG]

5. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Right. And when you do mix them. either hand place them on the roost at night, or provice a lot of distraction so they have something besides new birds to think about -- a bymch of hay or straw spread around, plus a bunch of greens or similar busy-making treats.

Here is a good article on integrating: https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=2593-adding-to-your-flock

6. BlueBirdChick

Aug 13, 2010
    Absarokee, Montana
    Ill probably place them tonight [​IMG] when the other chickens are asleep .... thankyou once again

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by