Your Experience with Privett Hatchery?

I got both my Orloff and my standard EE from a feed store that sourced from Privett. Both are great chickens, but the EE has always only had a few tail feathers. I am not sure why this is, but it seems to be related to genetics.
Privett spells Ameraucana as "Americana," so their standard sized ones, at least, are definitely EEs. They say this in the description:

"Americana, sometimes referred to as the “Easter Egg Breed”, have beards and a pea comb. They are not to be confused with Americana, which have ear tufts and are rumpless, which gives them a bunny tail appearance." :idunno

I got both my Orloff and my standard EE from a feed store that sourced from Privett. Both are great chickens, but the EE has always only had a few tail feathers. I am not sure why this is, but it seems to be related to genetics.
Privett spells Ameraucana as "Americana," so their standard sized ones, at least, are definitely EEs. And they say this in the description:

"Americana, sometimes referred to as the “Easter Egg Breed”, have beards and a pea comb. They are not to be confused with Americana, which have ear tufts and are rumpless, which gives them a bunny tail appearance." :idunno
Araucana are tufted and rumpless. Ameraucanas are muffed and bearded with pea combs, slate legs, and recognizable colors. Either way, americana is an EE.

My local feed store just ordered a bantam frizzle mix and bantam variety from Privett's. I got first pick and they were sooooo adorable. I have to say, the two I decided on are just GORGEOUS! They are still super young, only 3 weeks, but I am so happy with their coloring, the softness is sooo sweet. I got a BLUE FRIZZLE cochin 😍 ANDDDD a smooth SPLASH cochin!!! I am so excited. I know they are tiny still, but they are flying, growing, jumping on my hand, oh so friendly (not roo friendly, just pullet friendly 😂). I know they are too young to say much more about, but so far so good!

Oh.. so I just typed all that up, and then just saw your name and realize you know ALLLL ABOUT my little cochins 😂

Funny you should mention this. I wanted Barrred Rocks specifically because I researched and read that they were docile and friendly. My 3 from Privett hatchery are highly stressed and run from me like loons even though I hand raised them from 5 day old chicks. Also I got 3 chicks from Privett that were supposed to be Speckled Sussex and none of them were. Full disclosure is that I got them from a feed store who had ordered from Privett Hatchery so I don't know if that makes a difference but that is my experience nonetheless.
My Plymouth Rocks from Dunlap are the friendliest birds ever! Don't give up on them!

I have not ordered directly from Privett, but my local feed store gets chicks from there. I have a blue wyandotte, a rhode island red, some buff orpingtons, and 2 bantam "americanas" (they are definitely EEs) from them. My BW is a great, but a little aggressive, but that has been my experience with non Privett wyandottes. I love my RIR, she is one of the friendliest chickens I have. The buffs are okay. The Bantam EEs are great. I just love getting their little green eggs! One of them is even lavender colored instead of the normal colors LF EEs are.
Privett spells Ameraucana as "Americana," so their standard sized ones, at least, are definitely EEs. They say this in the description:

Oh well. If they aren't true Ameraucanas it doesn't but me too much. I love my EEs a lot and would still like to try out bantam size!

My local feed store just ordered a bantam frizzle mix and bantam variety from Privett's. I got first pick and they were sooooo adorable. I have to say, the two I decided on are just GORGEOUS! They are still super young, only 3 weeks, but I am so happy with their coloring, the softness is sooo sweet. I got a BLUE FRIZZLE cochin 😍 ANDDDD a smooth SPLASH cochin!!! I am so excited. I know they are tiny still, but they are flying, growing, jumping on my hand, oh so friendly (not roo friendly, just pullet friendly 😂). I know they are too young to say much more about, but so far so good!

Oh.. so I just typed all that up, and then just saw your name and realize you know ALLLL ABOUT my little cochins 😂
That's so cool! I love blues and splashes! Picures?

My local feed store gets their chicks from Privett.
I have a Barred Rock and Delaware pullets from them.
The Barred Rock is super sweet, but isnt heat tolerant at all.
The Delaware is nice and heat tolerant, but bites sometimes lol.

Today I ordered 10 chicks from Ideal Poultry for the first time(7 White Egg Layers assortment and 3 Red Stars).
I will see how they are when they arrive next week.

My local feed store gets their chicks from Privett.
I have a Barred Rock and Delaware pullets from them.
The Barred Rock is super sweet, but isnt heat tolerant at all.
The Delaware is nice and heat tolerant, but bites sometimes lol.

Today I ordered 10 chicks from Ideal Poultry for the first time(7 White Egg Layers assortment and 3 Red Stars).
I will see how they are when they arrive next week.
My other 4 bantams came from the feed store by way of Ideal, and they are really beautiful!! 2 silkies and 2 D'Uccles

20201023_123429.jpg
20201015_165417.jpg
20201013_135314.jpg
20201013_134246.jpg
20200924_155336.jpg

My Plymouth Rocks from Dunlap are the friendliest birds ever! Don't give up on them!

Oh well. If they aren't true Ameraucanas it doesn't but me too much. I love my EEs a lot and would still like to try out bantam size!

That's so cool! I love blues and splashes! Picures?
Oops!! Missed this! Here are my Privetts chicks.. but they are 4 weeks now and sooo cute.. so i need new pics. These are their younger pics.
20201015_160955.jpg
20201014_171846.jpg
20201015_161041.jpg
20201015_161253.jpg
20201012_145539.jpg

Back
Top Bottom