Your expertise for a newbie chicken owner would be awesome!!

ttrjpbcz

Songster
11 Years
Jun 30, 2008
PA
Can anyone tell me what the first two are? I know they are supposed to both be hens, and different breeds, but not sure which is what....

The first two pics are of Big Mama, she is 5 weeks old
12581_p1070365.jpg

12581_p1070366.jpg

Here is Bently, another 5 week old hen
12581_p1070362.jpg

Here is my barred rock I think...?though she wouldn't look at me!
12581_p1070360.jpg

And two golden laced polish? Is one a roo and one a hen?
12581_p1070364.jpg

12581_p1070367.jpg

The first one looks like an EE to me. I don't know what the white one is... leghorn maybe or a rock. The barred one I would say is definitely a BR as long as it has a single comb. I know nothing about polish so no help there.

Thanks! You don't happen to know how big EE'r or rocks get?? These are our first full size chicks...we only have bantam silkies and a few bantam game chicks till now,
Thank you!!

The first one is an Easter egger. The second one I'm not sure, and the rest, you hit the nail right on the head
wink.png

The white is a leghorn. The first is an EE. I'm not going to guess on your polish, tho I think you may be right...

EE's get to be about 5 or 6 pounds, I think. Rocks get a little bigger. I've only had one EE hen, and she was good-sized, though not huge. I've never had adult rocks yet.

EEE
Leghorn probably pullet
BR too early to tell
the polish both look like the hair dos are wild- in that case they are roos-but if the hair do is round then they would be pullets

For the Barred rock, you really need to see the comb. If it is red, it would be a cockerel. if it is still yellowish, it is a pullet. The barring on a roo has more white than pullets too. Without seeing the comb, i would say pullet, but I really need to see a comb.

Back
Top Bottom