Your favorite cole slaw, please

Yay Chicks!

Songster
9 Years
Apr 15, 2010
Forest Grove, OR
Need to make cole slaw for a potluck on Sunday and am looking for different ideas. What's your favorite recipe? Anyone have a unique twist? Thanks
smile.png

I love typical slaw but my favorite is thin chopped cabbage, green and red (1/4 red to 3/4's green), carrots, and finely chopped onion.
The sauce is garlic and regular vinegar, sugar, mayonaise, dijon mustard and salt a pepper to taste. Leave all to marinade in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
I do not put cups and measurements because it is easy to figure out by look and taste.
Enjoy!
Jeanne

Asian Coleslaw

1 pkg of beef Ramen noodles
Seasme seeds
packaged coleslaw cabbage
Asian salad dressing to taste
chopped green onions

Cook noodles according to directions, add in other ingredients and chill.

I'm a lazy person, Pre shredded cabbage (because its to hot here to grow cabbage this time of year) and the slaw dressing beside the mayo! Good to go! Everyone asks for the resipe! there is none! But its good. aoh you do have to mix it just before its eaten, maybe whithin 2 hours. Then chill. Cabbage is wet. It will leak and make a mess of things.

shredded cabbage and carrots. Miracle whip (several big spoonfuls) stir and sprinkle with sugar(about 1/2 cup for a big batch) salt and pepper stir and put in fridge in covered dish. Stir occasionally. Everybody always says that I make the best slaw....I just smile and say "thanks". If they only knew how easy it is!!

shredded cabbage, peppers cut in thin slices, cucumbers cut thin, seedless tomatoes cut in small pieces and mayo = the best salad ever!!!! (you can add some boiled and cooled hot dog cut in small pieces)

i like raisins and sun flower seeds in my slaw... i buy the pre cut cabbage because i am the only one that eats it... i use the dressing on the pack of the pack.. (there is a recipe there)

Back
Top Bottom