Your favorite cole slaw, please

Discussion in 'Egg, Chicken, & Other Favorite Recipes' started by Yay Chicks!, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Need to make cole slaw for a potluck on Sunday and am looking for different ideas. What's your favorite recipe? Anyone have a unique twist? Thanks [​IMG]

2. ravens69

ravens69 New Egg

Jul 1, 2011
    I love typical slaw but my favorite is thin chopped cabbage, green and red (1/4 red to 3/4's green), carrots, and finely chopped onion.
    The sauce is garlic and regular vinegar, sugar, mayonaise, dijon mustard and salt a pepper to taste. Leave all to marinade in refrigerator for at least 3 hours.
    I do not put cups and measurements because it is easy to figure out by look and taste.
    Enjoy!
    Jeanne

3. Circe

Circe Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2011
    Griffin, GA
    Asian Coleslaw

1 pkg of beef Ramen noodles
    Seasme seeds
    packaged coleslaw cabbage
    Asian salad dressing to taste
    chopped green onions

Cook noodles according to directions, add in other ingredients and chill.

4. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Quote:Thanks, Circe. What's in the Asian salad dressing?

5. caspernc

caspernc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 15, 2010
    Z town NC
    I'm a lazy person, Pre shredded cabbage (because its to hot here to grow cabbage this time of year) and the slaw dressing beside the mayo! Good to go! Everyone asks for the resipe! there is none! But its good. aoh you do have to mix it just before its eaten, maybe whithin 2 hours. Then chill. Cabbage is wet. It will leak and make a mess of things.

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I have a recipe knockoff of KFC coleslaw. It was gooooooood but not quite exactly but very very close!

7. funkychicken

funkychicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2008
    East Texas
    shredded cabbage and carrots. Miracle whip (several big spoonfuls) stir and sprinkle with sugar(about 1/2 cup for a big batch) salt and pepper stir and put in fridge in covered dish. Stir occasionally. Everybody always says that I make the best slaw....I just smile and say "thanks". If they only knew how easy it is!!

8. Sugar Sand Farm

Sugar Sand Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2007
    North Florida
    Ewesheep Where the recipe? Not fair posting that and not including the recipe. I have been looking for a good tart recipe DS Cant stand sweet slaw .

9. jenny_kap

jenny_kap Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2011
    Romania
    shredded cabbage, peppers cut in thin slices, cucumbers cut thin, seedless tomatoes cut in small pieces and mayo = the best salad ever!!!! (you can add some boiled and cooled hot dog cut in small pieces)

10. Dar

Dar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 31, 2008
    i like raisins and sun flower seeds in my slaw... i buy the pre cut cabbage because i am the only one that eats it... i use the dressing on the pack of the pack.. (there is a recipe there)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by