Your favorite hatchery ?

i dont like any of them that charges a bull$h!t fee because you didnt buy the amount of birds they wantd you to buy

My favorite is Marti's poultry. Very nice people to deal with. Wonderful birds.
woot.gif
woot.gif

I've used Privet, Ideal, and McMurray and all were fine. My preference at this point is "closest" and "cheapest." You can find a list of hatcheries listed by state here: http://www.countrychickens.com/country_chickens_4_003.htm

Seems
to me that you have to shop around for meat birds. McMurray and Meyer want about $1.85 each for small orders, but other (smaller) hatcheries sell them for as little as 80 cents each.

The other "gotcha" is the shipping/handling charge. Some are quite reasonable, and others are outrageous.

Kathy in Texas

I have only ordered from McMurray in the past and have had good and healthy chicks for the past 2 years. That being said though, at our local 4-H fair this year, we were talking to the judge afterwards and he says he orders all of his grandkids cornish x's from Welp. That is where we will be ordering from this year.

We had great success with Meyer and will be using them again as the supplier for our Feedstore. The broilers we raised from them were lively, meaty, and healthy. In fact, we already have pre-orders for 4H broilers and from several Amish that raise meat birds for sale.

Jim

Back
Top Bottom