Your favorite line of dialogue from a movie?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by welsummerchicks, Nov 19, 2010.

1. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    Let me see if I can get the details right....In the movie, 'Thirteen Days', a pilot is asked to fly over Cuba and see if he can get some pictures of Cuban weapon escalation during the Cuban Missile Crisis.

A highly placed official warns the pilot personally, that it is a very, very delicate situation, and he is 'not to get fired at, under any circumstances', or it could lead to the destruction of the entire earth by nuclear war. 'No matter what happens, you are not to be fired upon, under any circumstances'. At first the pilot and then his fellow pilots are furious, but they fly so low they were roasting chickens in the barnyard, and return with the films needed to present at a UN meeting.

When they land, the crews are shocked to see the wings of the planes absolutely peppered with bullet holes. The crew points out the bullet holes, and the pilot says, 'Those are sparrow strikes'.

Another officer says, 'What happened out there, pilot????', and he says, 'THOSE ARE SPARROW STRIKES, IT was a CAKE WALK, SIR'.

So the nextline is, 'So...would you say those were .20 caliber sparrows, or .40 caliber sparrows?'

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  2. 1mommahen

1mommahen Love My Cluckin' Coop

Mar 20, 2008
    NJ
    We're gonna need a bigger boat! JAWS

3. itsachicken

itsachicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2010
    St. Louis
    Oh, there are soooo many! A friend and I often have entire conversations made up of favorite lines from movies and tv shows. For now, I'll just post one from Monty Python's "Life of Bryan"

"Did he say blessed are the cheesemakers?"

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    "Make my day!" Clint Eastwood, Every Which Way

5. linben

linben Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Austin, TX
    Stupid is as stupid does...Forrest Gump. We say it all the time in my family.

6. goldenluver

goldenluver Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2009
    Springfield, Oregon
    Quote:I think the "go ahead, make my day" quote is a Dirty Harry Movie not Every Which Way But Loose

7. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

Quote:Haven't seen it... Added to my netflix.

Mine would be..
    "That's not a knife, that's a knife!"

8. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    "Life IS pain, princess. Anyone who tells you differently is trying to sell you something." -Dread Pirate Roberts (Wesley) to his fiance, in The Princess Bride by Rob Reiner

9. NoseyChickens

NoseyChickens Feathers On The Ground

Aug 3, 2009
    Southern California
    "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means" ~ Princess Bride

10. awesomefowl

awesomefowl Argues with Goats

"Imagine you were a deer, drinking clear, cool water, and then a --- --- bullet blasts out your brains." ~ some movie?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by