Your favorite line of dialogue from a movie?

"Well, being me has its advantages" - Dumbledore, HP6

"Just keep swimming" - Dory, Finding Nemo

"No! Try not! Do, or do not - there is no try!" - Yoda (This doesn't work with diets)

"Are you sure this water's sanitary? It looks questionable to me!" - Tantor, Disney Tarzan

"Let's not ask for the moon - we have the stars" - Bette Davis, Now Voyager

"Well of course we talk! Don't everybody?!" - Lina Lamont, Singin' in the Rain

"I've got a run in my panty hose!---I'm not wearing panty hose" - Pretty Woman

"There's nothing more irresistible to a man than a woman who's in love with him" - Guess!

"No man is a failure who had friends" - Clarence, It's a Wonderful Life

"You know, youre really being a butthead.
-A butthead? why would you call me that? I cant belive you called me a butthead. I mean no ones called me a butthead since the 9th grade.
-Maybe not to your face...." ~Legally Blonde

"Oh, my life is like death. My children are the spawn of hell, and you're the devil. Oh God..." - Overboard

And,
"Jessica says you and Annie knew each other in another life only you never got together in that life. and she says your hearts are like puzzles with missing pieces and when youre together the puzzles complete. the reason i know this and you dont is cuz im younger and purer and more intouch with cosmic forces." - Jonah, Sleepless in Seattle

I watch movies sometimes...
roll.png

"My name is Enugo Montoya. You killed my father, prepare to die." And, "As you wish" both from Princess Bride.

"Doesn't make no sense, man won't sit next to a little colored gal but he eats eggs that shoot right outta chicken's a$$!" Sipsy in Fried Green Tomatoes

"If all the animals along the equator were capable of flattery, then Halloween and Thanksgiving would be on the same day." Danny in Ocean's 12

"I haven't lost my temper in 40 years; but, Pilgrim, you caused a lot of trouble this morning; might have got somebody killed; and somebody oughta belt you in the mouth. But I won't. I won't. The hell I won't!"

- John Wayne - To Leo Gordon in McLintock!

I grew up with Westerns.........my whole family loved them...John Wayne being one of our favorites of all time....my hubby watches them as well - you will find The Virginian and Lawman and Gunsmoke on my DVR at any given moment!!! I don't mind....
smile.png

"And I know what I have to do now. I gotta keep breathing. Because tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

-Cast Away

"Turn to the right"
"You go back in there and get me that baby, Hi. They got more than they can handle."
"He was provokin' me"
"Boy, you got a panty on your head."
"Why ain't ya breast feedin? You appear capable."
"I love him so much!"

All from Raising Arizona.

I could go on all day with quotes from this one.

Back
Top Bottom