Your Favorite Online Fabric Source?

Patchesnposies

Chickens.....are my ONE weakness!
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Southern New Mexico
I live in a small town that has little to offer in the way of craft or fabric stores. Our Wally World has virtually eliminated its fabric/craft area, and at its best it wasn't very good but would do in an emergency.

There is one shop in town that has a limited selection of fabric but the prices are outrageous. I am thinking my best bet would be to start ordering online.

I am a little nervous just because it seems so counter intuitive to order fabric that you can't see or touch. How accurate are the descriptions and colors when you order fabric online?

If you have a favorite online fabric store, would you mind posting the name and perhaps a link to the website? Also, if you have any tips or advice I would appreciate that as well.

Thanks so much!

I love:
www.thousandsofbolts.com

I've ordered from them a bunch of times, great prices and very accurate representation of fabric. They refund you instantly too if an item is out of stock. Sign up for their news letter and you get a head start on their sales too!!

Cluckin'Along :

I love:
www.thousandsofbolts.com

I've ordered from them a bunch of times, great prices and very accurate representation of fabric. They refund you instantly too if an item is out of stock. Sign up for their news letter and you get a head start on their sales too!!

Thanks! I'll go check them out right now.
big_smile.png

Just a note Cluck'n Along, to say that I have been all over the web looking at discount fabric and the site you posted has far and away the best prices I have seen.

I found the site through someone here, and I was happily surprised with the prices too! Everything I have ordered has been high quality cotton, I haven't seen any "cheap" stuff, and when you check out it tells you how many more yards you can fit in your shipping box...
roll.png
they really are enablers.....
lol.png

Cluckin'Along :

and when you check out it tells you how many more yards you can fit in your shipping box...
roll.png
they really are enablers.....
lol.png

Too funny! I don't think I will need ANY encouragement, LOL. I really like the color matcher feature. So far, I am up to 12 yards of material and it is less than $50......now to see what the shipping will be.....​

I have used thousandsofbolts also and always had a good experience. I also use

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/
Keepsake quilting has lots of tools and notions for decent prices. Their customer service is right on.
Keepsake usually has a coupon code on their catalog to use.

and www.fabric.com .

Fabric.com has great bargains and usually I have a coupon in any order I get from them for subsequent orders. Five dollars off for your first order just by typing "first" in their coupon code at checkout.

I bought some great backing fabric (108 inches) from fabric.com for a great price.

I've used several online services and always go back to ThousandsofBolts.com because of the quality of the fabric, the prices and the service.
I have never been disappointed in the past 7 years that I have used the site.
I'm a sucker for fabrics by Moda.
I just received an order of flannels for some baby gifts and was thrilled with the selection that was available.
I also ordered from their sale on fat quarters and short cuts.
The order arrived in less than a week. Paypal is available for more secure ordering.

If you ever need large amounts for backing or like to dye our own to get the right colors, I reccomend Dharma trading ~ they have beautiful silks, cottons & etc ~ at great wholesale prices, as well ~ http://www.dharmatrading.com/

Also
, if you eBay, you can sometimes find great deals on there.

edited to add ~ Jo-Ann's has a tremendous selection of online fabrics as well, plus they post sale items regularly, AND have 40% & 50% off coupons that you can recieve in the mail or by email, AND they will ship straight to your house. And often, they will have a free shipping deal going on as well. http://www.joann.com/joann/home/home.jsp
~Red

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom