Your Help Needed! - What Are The Top Chicken FAQ's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
That is a really good idea!
thumbsup.gif
I agree!

What is bumblefoot and how is it treated?
How do I know if my hen is egg bound and how to treat?
How to treat a prolapsed vent?
Why did my hen lay a shell-less egg?
Is it ok for chickens/ducks/guineas to live together?

Quote:
I had my ducks and and guineas live together, but that did not go well after breeding season started. I do have guineas living with chickens currently. They too don't know they are guineas.
tongue.png

I submitted my questions, but they are mainly for meat birds. Not sure what Nifty has in mind, but it would be awesome to find a way to organize some sort of meaty FAQ with links
smile.png

One of my first questions had to do with coop design for my climate (Texas=hot). I also remember looking up photos of normal chicken poo - sounds weird I'm sure, but as a mom I know to look at poo as a sign of illness and I wanted to know that my little ones were pooing acceptably.

I would love to have commonly used medicine and the dosage available in one easy to find spot. (of course with the understanding we are not vets) When you are frantic looking up something you have not seen before it is frustrating to have to rely on Google.

Quote:

I just have to comment. Mostly because its so hilarious!
gig.gif

I had a bantam cochin roo last fall through til early spring chase a RIR roo around their pen until the RIR took to staying on top of their "hen house"
Now that RIR's 5 month old son is being chased by a serama roo in my juvie pen. Heck that little old serama roo is the big bad boss of all of the roo's in there!
You haven't seen anything funnier til you see a soda can sized bird chasing a bird ten times its size, or watching said RIR roo looking about nervously when the serama roo gets to close!
lau.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom