Your opinions?

It can be dangerous to the pups as well if a person thinks, "oh, my dog would love to be a mother" and they breed her and she rejects/abandons the puppies. I say, leave the dog breeding to the professionals.

What parent has not tryed to get away from their offspring when they reach a certain age?. I am not saying every dog needs to be breded. What I am saying is I was surprize at the replies to question number 2. How is Motherhood a bad thing? Does every person who has children have bodies of greek gods, faces of super models. no family history of any diesae, who all lived in to their 90s, please post your photo if you do.

While selective breeding for improvement is not a facet of human reproduction, it is an integral and important part of the process of breeding most types of purebred animals. You are trying to compare oranges to coffee cups. There IS no comparison.

The simple fact is by the time the nursing period is winding down, b.itches are ready to see their puppies move on to their own lives, and I have never seen a one mope or look for them after they are gone when the puppies go to their new homes. I miss them a lot more than she ever does.

Last edited:
RR
Quote:

I would argue that while it is something western culture typically does not openly discuss (I would assume in part due to Nazi eugenics), it is indeed an integral part of human reproduction. I think naming some of the more obvious physical traits within Western culture would get me in trouble on these forums though for not being G rated. X) I would also argue that the selective breeding that does occur in non-human animals does not meet everyone's definition of improvement. This is why I am happy to see that the OP is trying to explore these topics from many different points of view, as I think people will find that creating divisions will make outlawing of all types of breeding and animal exhibition (including showing) much easier for those interested in doing so.

Squawk:

Quote:
Absolutely. In general within the US, I often run across people who talk in depth about how intelligent and emotional animals are, and how any action they do not agree with causes deep mental trauma to said animal. The same people will then claim that animals are purely acting instinctually when the topic of breeding comes up, and all the talk of emotion and intelligence suddenly dries up. Basically, what is deemed as irresponsible or responsible, cruel or kind, damaging or beneficial, etc. has many double standards attached to it as far as I've witnessed, and this seems to be especially true when breeding certain non-purpose animals comes up, and particularly true in areas that large propaganda groups focus on.

Last edited:
Well I have been breeding dogs for over 40 years I have about 2 litters a year. My kennel Stonybrook has over 80 best in show wins.my late parnter Mike was founder of Take The Lead. It a shame you feel your mothers don't get upset when their babbies are taken away. I think ANY living creature of some intellagnce grives the lost of babbies.

My puppies don't go to their new homes untill 12 weeks. I think it is much better for the puppies.My dogs live in my house not in my kennel. Dogs have their puppies in my bedroom, at 2weeks old I move the mother and puppies into my kennel. Where they are handled all day long by my clients (who doesn't want to play with a puppy) . at 12 weeks they go to their new homes and mom comes back home. The last litter I bought mom home, the next day she was starching at kennel door to get in. she jumped through a closed window . She did what ever she had too to leave her home and get back to her puppies. again I am not saying every female dog should be bred or that they think of having puppies. What i said was I was suprized at the replies to #2.

Most breeders have already forcibly weaned puppies from the dam by 4 to 5 weeks. Even though I don't do this, I still have not noticed bitches grieving for puppies.

I'm sure you mean ONE of the founders of Take the Lead, right? I have been a donor to that organization just about since it's inception. It's a wonderful group that does so much super work. I proudly wear my Take The Lead pin when I'm showing my dogs.

http://takethelead.org/board-of-trustees/

No I mean Mike Larizza came up with the idea for take the lead He also gave it its name. If it was not for Mike there would be no Take The lead today.

Last edited:
typing mistake sorry. spent over 20 years with the man.No one ever called him Michael all his family and friends used Mike.

Last edited:
It can be dangerous to the pups as well if a person thinks, "oh, my dog would love to be a mother" and they breed her and she rejects/abandons the puppies. I say, leave the dog breeding to the professionsince the
the risks of child birth has faced mothers from the start of time

Back
Top Bottom