Your thoughts on identifying mom of this chick

As far as I am concerned that rooster is the father and the Cream Legbar hen is the mother, but their eggs are blue, I am not sure if you remember hatching blue eggs alongside the Barred Rock eggs?
She’s young 7 months so her eggs have been more white/cream

I read some lay a white but regardless she has the gene. So is this chick a female?
What? What gene? No CCL lays white eggs.
The chick isn't auto sexing either.
Where did you get the adult birds? Seems some aren't what you think they are.

I read some lay a white but regardless she has the gene. So is this chick a female?
She would seem to lack the blue eggshell gene, perhaps she is just a Legbar(legbars lay white eggs, only the Crested Cream Legbars lay bluish/Greenish eggs) but they are pretty rare in the USA(they are not a very popular breed on their own). Pictures of the hen would be nice. Also we can't sex wildtype e+/e+ heterozygous for barring chicks.

Pictures of your entire flock would help.

She would seem to lack the blue eggshell gene, perhaps she is just a Legbar(legbars lay white eggs, only the Crested Cream Legbars lay bluish/Greenish eggs) but they are pretty rare in the USA(they are not a very popular breed on their own). Pictures of the hen would be nice. Also we can't sex wildtype e+/e+ heterozygous for barring chicks.

Pictures of your entire flock would help.
D6C84EA0-8573-489B-A8AC-7E3C45F9E46B.jpeg

Yes, that's a Crested Legbar amongst a flock of Barred Rocks, interesting that she lays white/tan eggs instead of Blue/green. What type of hen is the white one on the left?
I’m beginning to think that I was sold some birds with poor genetics. The white hen is a Amberlink.

Back
Top Bottom