You're joking me, right?

FluffyColor

Crowing
12 Years
May 31, 2009
Queens, NY
Oh my gosh, people start planning for holidays WAY too early. This morning, my mother was checking her e-mail when she stumbled upon an e-mail: "The Radio City CHRISTMAS Show! Get your tickets today!"

th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
th.gif
ep.gif
th.gif

Are you KIDDING ME??? It's JULY, people!
th.gif

A few years ago, I didn't even give thought to Christmas until a few days before Thanksgiving and didn't even have an idea for a Halloween costume until mid-October. Now, I came up with an idea in early May because I'm dressing as a character out of the school play based on an old Saturday cartoon (the one I wanted to play but they gave it to this snob just because she's older) and the girl screamed at us right after the mile run (which she had just finished herself, was going home because of asthma or something. Either that or her teacher, who's the strictest one in that grade actually, believed one of her "I'm so fragile and delicate" act.), "DID YOU GET A GOOD TIME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?" and I came home yelling "I swear I'm going to be Interplanet Janet for Halloween!" and my mom figured it out pretty quick. At the time it was just so that if she ran into me I could make her mad (thank goodness she's outta there now), but then I thought about it and it seemed like a good idea. Still, that doesn't happen every year. And really? Christmas in July? Last year, this countdown was started on here in October and that got me into it. The mall and everyplace was fully into the swing by November 11th (when I went. One week everything was normal, then it was Christmas,Christmas,Christmas, all over the place. At least I got a good book on how to stay good, write your Christmas list, and not end up in catfights with your sibling(s) over lists without going greedy.). I was reading my old posts on day, and stumbled on a post that said something about declaring war on Christmas now. (No offense to the person that wrote that comment, just saying.)

So, have you declared a war against the most wonderful time of the year already, or are you standing on the sidelines shaking your head?

And if you are, how long will you stay there?

I would think that some things like Transiberian orchestra and Radio City would need to see the interest to help them plan extra concerts, etc.

This year, ECPS (Early Christmas Prep Syndrome) is very dangerous to me because of what I went through last year. You know, my mother's cancer? And how she told me and Zeke my father wasn't worthy of being obeyed, and I didn't believe her and kept being nice to my dad, and my mom was mad so she didn't get me many Christmas presents and told me there was no Santa Claus? (Did she expect me to believe anything she said?) She tried to blame the whole thing on my father, said he told her I was a "nasty little brat" and didn't deserve anything. I didn't get ANYTHING on my list. I think there was something wrong with the mail.Heck, maybe the elves were just tired. It turns out she had a tumor, but still. And she liked my brother's bus driver and said to me that if he lived with us instead of that "scumbag", he would let me have all the chicks I wanted and a bunch of dolls and sweets and other pets. Wow. Thank goodness it was cancer.

I'm really looking forward to a better holiday this year that the mere mention of Christmas makes me start planning my list. (Although I always start working on that quite early..
gig.gif

I think there ought to be a little section of hell reserved for merchandisers who start pushing Christmas before Halloween. I think they ought to listen to Christmas carols, preferably the same one, not a variety, all through eternity.

JUST SAY 'NO'. Merchants respond to sales figures. If we (I use the term loosely) stop buying early, they'll stop merchandising early. I know it's a big leap, but it WOULD work.

I have had very bad Christmas family celebration memories ( tramas) all through childhood and have a lot of trouble having a happy holiday even though I am all grown up now. I have found peace in celebrating it as a time of reflection on the birth of Jesus and being involved with my church's celebratory events. The secular customs and obsessions do not phase me anymore, nor does any guilt about not doing them. I send gifts throughout the year to my daughter and grand daughter....for no special reason except that I love them. I don't propose this for anyone else, but it sure does work for me.

Sometimes when things hurt badly enough, it forces us to think outside of the box.

(What box?????)

Back
Top Bottom