yuppie neighbors

purplebaby

Songster
12 Years
May 20, 2007
east long island
my snippy little yuppie neighbor witch came over yesterday and left a note on my door, addressed to my husband as she does not even know my name.

"Alec, your chickens have been in my yard every morning & afternoon for the last week - please "coop" them. thanks.
marty & cami your neighbors"

so my husband like a good neighbor goes ovr and talks to the husband and explains the situation. these are 4 roosters that somene dumped off in the woods here and are living in the pine trees. they agree its annoying but i am trying to rescue them and i even have a farm to take them to. so we figure thats that for a while at least.

but, NO at 530pm lil miss snippi comes knocking on my door.... about the darn chickens. "you have to get rid of them or i will have to call the town. i cnnot have them coming into my yard. i just seeded and they leave POO everywhere. i cannot have my child playing there. they sneak in under my fence and then he can go outside...." blah blah blah.

so i go thru the whole they are wild cannot catch them, i am taking them to a farm when i can blah blah blah.

so snippi answers that with " i cannot have that thdy have to go. they are making "poo" on my lawn, if they are still there by 9am i will have to call the town"

mind u i have been extremely patient until then.... however i have done the hell week b4 vacation at at work (residential ed high school) and i am sick, and i am having difficulties with my kids. so i snap back at her " go ahead then call the town. they wont be able to catch them either, and they probably wont come out as i cannot get them out here for loose dogs, but go ahead... they are not mine as roosters are illegal to keep in our town. "

snippi however is fixated on "poo" and goes on bout it again.

this woman is nutz, she has an acre and so do i. so 2 acres and 4 roos, what about all the other wildlife living here.... do they have to go too?
i am pretty darn sure the deer squirrels, chipmunks, possum, asst birds and other wildlife "POO" in her yard.....

some people just dont accept living in a rural town.....

meanwhile how do i catch these guys so they an live on a farm?

ouch... tough one. You arent feeding them are you? If you feed them, then technically and legally, you assumed ownership of them - its the way it works with "strays" no matter WHAT type of animal it is.

I would, for neighborly peace - call the animal control officers myself since you cant catch them, and see if they can - and then rehome them. Give the ACO's the name of a farm that is willing to take them (I'm assuming you've already called a farm and have made arrangements for this) - how about calling the farm they are going to and asking them for assistance in catching them since they agreed to accept them?

I hope you can get them soon, and sorry you've got such a snotty neighbor. I'd ask the neighbor to help you to catch them if she's so concerned about her yard (which, she has a right to be) but given they are not YOUR birds -she should be willing to assist in the solution, not be part of the problem.

I think you should go to the organic isle at the feed store, buy a large bag of chicken manure, and dump it on her lawn. And when she asks what you're doing, tell her that if she wants to complain about "chicken poo," you want her complaint to be worthwhile....

But then I'm that kind of neighbor....

Have you figured out where they roost at night? If you could find them , I've always had luck catching "independent" birds at night. I just take a flashlight and pluck them off of their roost and into the coop they go. I normally try to do it around midnight , much earlier and they will sometimes take off. I always grab them by the legs and hold them upside down so they won't peck as bad, but with roos you may have to take a towel and cover their heads. Good luck!

there is just something about the "yuppi-ness" of this woman that sets me off. IF you want to live where there are wild animals, woods etc then deal with it. this is not disney it is the real world and animals get abandoned and they"poo".

i am not the neighbor from hell but i could be......

we ride loud motorcycles, have 3 pit bulls, and 2 teens. i am feeling the need to practice my motorcycle riding on my street at her next party where thay play horseshoes until 1 am. but i dont complain. i could tune my bike up at 10pm when the precious 3yr old is sleeping, but i dont. i do not let my teens play loud music but i could ...on the outdoor speakers. we dont have"biker parties", i could sunbathe topless when she has company but i havent at all..... but i am feeling the need to be a b*&%ch.

Her attitude of "Queen of the neighborhood" sucks and she has never before spoken to me. and this is how she starts? after 3 yrs of being in this house? it is ridiculous that this has irritated me so much but i dont have roosters or chickens right now and i would like to save these. my friend with farm has 70+ and doesnt really care if i drop these off but doesnt want to come get them....

i told her go ahead call the town they are not mine, i cannot catch them, neither will they. but IF they fine me for having roosters i WILL snap and become the neighbor from hell.

These are the people that bring misery on themselves. You know... they'll be the ones to get the flaming bags of "poo" from neighborhood kids. Then you can just stand out your front door... smile and wave
frow.gif

I hate uppity, no good, miserable, and nosey neighbors.
smack.gif
rant.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif

Wow... I think I must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Geez.

Back
Top Bottom